• In the Spotlight:

Jehovah's Witnesses and Christmas?

Just a question: Does this time of year make you uncomfortable? I know that you probably can't leave your home without seeing Christmas "stuff" everywhere......from billboards to lights to Santas ringing bells outside of WalMart....

Do you overlook it? Is it annoying?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:25 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• we have "Family Day" on our Wedding Anniversary with our children ever year and now with our grandchildren too!! we have a great time, we give gifts and spend the day telling things we remember about the children and looking at pictures, we also have a dinner with everyones favorite things to eat and the kids bake us an Anniversary cake.
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 2:35 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• No, it's not annoying... it's just another holiday we don't participate in.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Nope, I don't take part and I'm not uncomfortable, I'm never rude to people who talk about what they did or got for Christmas I think that would hurt their feelings and I don't want to make them uncomfortable, I let people know I don't Celebrate most Holidays if I'm asked about it, but I don't believe that bringing it up at every turn is a good thing, like rubbing someones face in it....
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 2:29 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• when my dh was a sub teacher he got a school's christmas gift shop's name changed so that a j.w. kid could participate,  dh felt bad about him being sad and crying that he felt left out, they changed the name from something like santa's shop to the gift shop and he was allowed to go.... i love my dh!

AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:09 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• It's just that time of the year that I catch all the good sales..LOL.. No, nothing bothers me about it.
    But the ringing bell thing at walmart bothered me b4 I was a witness. But not even so much now. Maybe I am just used to them?
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 12:29 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Not at all
    Anonymous

• I'm not uncomfortable. I know that part of someone else’s belief. I agree 100% with everything everyone above said.
    BabayBella

Answer by BabayBella at 2:31 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• No, the holiday does not "bother" me. It's just the tunes that blare over the shopping aisles that get on my nerves - always did, even before I became a Witness. "Winter Wonderland" is my fave. I do love the sales at this time of the year! I got a really good educational toy for my son for fifty percent off it's regular price! :)
    Anonymous