Egg Donation...

Would you sell your eggs?? I'm seriously considering this but my family's like, "what if you and your DH doesn't stay together...what if your next husband wants kids but you can't get pregnant?" Of course, this has me thinking but...I already have 2 kids and I don't think I'd want more....what do you all think??

moore_me03

Asked by moore_me03 at 9:25 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in About CafeMom

• I looked into it. You get paid $6000. I really am sad that your family is bringing up the possibility of you and your hubby not being together. Like they have no faith or something. That was not even near one of my concerns. My concerns were what if they people who get the egg are people that would raise my baby in a way I didn't agree with. Stuff like that. And you donate a few eggs, not all of them, you would be able to have more kids if you chose to.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 9:30 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• If you follow the guidelines for egg donation (not doing it more than you're supposed to) you will more than likely come out of it with your fertility in tact. I agree with the PP though, geez...talking about your next husband with you like that! Either way, I don't think that you're under obligation to have more children to satisfy someone else.

It does pay! I'm waiting til after I have one more child, but after that, I'm selling the h*** out of my eggs!!! What do I need them for?! And if it can help someone else...have at em!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:21 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I would recommend researching the hormones and drugs they put you on. I have heard of women having issues for a while after they were on the drugs, so that would be my main concern. I know usually we worry about what we need to do for our families (money wise) right now, but the consequences could be pretty hefty down the road. You may end up spending all the money you made and more on Dr. bills alone.
    Anonymous

• Hello ladies,

I am an egg donor and I have a blog about my journey in case anyone is curious. I also have links to several other egg donor blogs and egg recipient blogs so people can educate themselves. Please have a look :)

http://asianeggdonor.wordpress.com
    AsianEggDonor

Answer by AsianEggDonor at 9:14 AM on Apr. 19, 2009