My odds are stacked against me any advice?

OK so here is the problem.
1)I'm having my third c-sec in 3 yrs in a couple weeks
2)I have a 2yr old and a 1yr old
3) when i come home the only help i will have is my SO and thats only when he is home and awake.
4) Everyone else has jobs and can only help on weekends IF that.
5) I want to breastfeed but dont see how.
I need advice on how to stay sain and get through this. With my first too i did it by myself too but with 3 "babies" I am worried. Please any help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:28 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• why cant you breastfeed? just dont be negative, just stay positive and dont get ahead of yourself, take it one step at a time and dont try doing a billion things at once. you can do it.
    Anonymous

• i'm with the poster above. what's the reason for not breastfeeding? you need to get your kids into a good routine, if possible. the more structured it is, the easier it will be in the long run.

i would go crazy.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 9:36 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Ok if you have some spare cash my idea would be to pick out a new movie ( maybe a fun holiday one) and keep it wrapped. Maybe also a small basket of new small toys, Ages 1-2 is hard, but maybe some age appropriate cars, blocks small toy that makes noise.

My point is some stuff so when things get crazy you can whip something new out.

If you want to breastfeed too maybe set up an area now with all the supplies you will need and a small table. Also there put a small basket of books, toys you could use with one hand to entertain the kiddos while you feed the new baby. Stock up on some extra snacks soon and make sure you have things in place.

I do not have three kids yet ( I am pregnant with my third) and my other two are older, so sorry I can't offer more help.
    Anonymous

• Cont...
    Like the PP said, try to stay positive now. I get that feeling sometimes of like "whoa what have I gotten myself into," but I know somehow I will get through it.

Also try to make sure you get some sun and fresh air, even if it's just sitting by a window to keep your spirits up. I know sitting in a cold house all day is depressing.
    Anonymous

• I am going to try I just never have and im worried that i wont be able to.
    I do have them on a scheduke for the most part, they eat sleep and bthe at the same times every day
    Anonymous

• Breast feeding will be easier than bottle feeding. Think of all the formula prep, sterilizing, cleaning, warming up, going to the store to buy the formula. Breast feeding you just pull up your shirt and you're all set. You have to sit and feed the baby until s/he's done eating with a bottle or with a breast. It sounds hard, but you'll find something that works for you. Try getting organized before hand and have a plan. Then take it day by day and adapt your schedule as you find what works. Maybe your mother or MIL can take some time off of work to help, maybe just a week at least for when you are home with you c section still healing. DH is also entitled to FMLA and should be able to take some leave time to help out. Good luck, you'll make it work! Us moms always do!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:40 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• thanks anon those are good thoughts i will do some of them
    Anonymous

• Your welcome, hang in there :)
    Anonymous

• I would def have a child safe room and get them used to being quiet in it that you all can go in and watch TV or play that they can do whatever in. Ad try to get both to "Help" mommy when they dirty a diaper ask them to throw it away for you , and put their clothes in the dirty clothes that will help. Before the baby come get them a baby doll and show them how you hold a baby and be quiet when the baby is sleeping ect.
    Cherish050307

Answer by Cherish050307 at 11:01 PM on Dec. 8, 2008