I'm having a really down day. :0(

My unemployment still hasn't kicked in. My savings is getting smaller and DH paychecks are shrinking as well. Yet neither one of us can find a job and yes McDonald's and Wal-Mart have been applied to. I am just starting to think things are going to keep getting worse before they get better and it makes me want to cry. Anyone have anything fun or interesting to share to help me not be so depressed at least for a few minutes?

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 9:27 AM on May. 27, 2011 in Just for Fun

• It's usually right at the time when you think you just can't take anymore, and you're about to give up, that things get better. My advice to you is to think positive. Don't panic, because whatever energy you send out comes back to you. Pray, God hears and He answers. Try it and see if you don't believe. Say God I need you, I can't do it on my own. I have absolute faith in God and He always helps me! Blessings!
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 9:30 AM on May. 27, 2011

• I've been through that recently and I know it can be a downer. On the other hand, I have chosen to spend the time doing things I like to do, including just hanging out and relaxing. No sense in spending it down and out. Today I am doing an online CPR class so I have it for my next job but I also spend time with my kids, read etc. Once unemployment kicks in, treat yourself to small things. I don't have a funny story or joke to tell you. Sorry. Hang in there.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 9:42 AM on May. 27, 2011

• Hugs!!! I have been in that situation and I remember being scared, depressed, worried.... One saying that comes to mind is 'when God closes a door He opens a window' and in my case that did happen. The job I was fired from was stressful, and the boss was a major prick! (so no big loss loosing that job), well months later I did find a job- even better than the one I was fired from. During my 'down time' I did kind of enjoy being home, my hubs loved that I had plenty of time to bake and kept him supplied in home made cookies, I also enjoyed being able to go to the library, being able to sit and read, and I even took a few classes.
    Stay positive and think "something good is coming my way". I wish you luck!!!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:02 PM on May. 27, 2011