Has anyone sold kid clothes or toys to Once Upon A Child?

How much did they give you for the clothing/items? I'm going there some time today and I was just curious who else has done it.

BrandyBaby22

Asked by BrandyBaby22 at 9:39 AM on May. 27, 2011 in Shopping

• Yes, I've done it ... mostly a waste of time. They pay peanuts for clothes that are in perfect condition or even new with tags. And I would comment on how I'd find clothes on their racks for sale at fairly high prices that had tears and stains. Several in the area closed after a short time because people were refusing to sell there because it wasn't worth the trouble.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 9:41 AM on May. 27, 2011

• Yes, and they rip you off.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 9:47 AM on May. 27, 2011

• I completely agree with the other posts, they are a waste of time. The employees are rude(I have been to the 3 closest to me), you have to wait forever for them to go through your things, they are picky, and you will not make much money. I too have seen clothes on racks for sale stained and ripped and they would not take my barely used clothes! I made more off of my children's things at my yard sales. If you do go ahead, I wish you the best and hope your experience is better than the ones I had!
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 9:58 AM on May. 27, 2011

• If you need money, don't go there. What they pay isn't worth the gas to get there. Either check out other consignment places in your area, or have a garage sale or list on craigslist/ebay.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on May. 27, 2011

• like other said it's a waste of time. My friends told me about this online. http://www.thredup.com/? Dont know how good it it?
    Jgreg

Answer by Jgreg at 10:29 AM on May. 27, 2011

• I did and got very little for what they took from me. I like to buy some stuff from there but they seem a little pricey for what you are getting. I agree go to another consignment shop or have a yard sale.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:05 AM on May. 27, 2011

• they pay very little and did not take most of the clothes even though my daughter only wore them once. and then i saw that there were selling clothes that were stained, tattered, and burnt. i was like "you've got to be kidding me!"
    TiffanieK

Answer by TiffanieK at 11:41 AM on May. 27, 2011

• Well ladies, I went through with it. It wasn't a waist of gas to get there because I had to take my FIL to the doctors and it's in the same plaza. But I took 2 big boxes and I left with 2 big boxes full. They barely bought anything and gave me $27 for what they did buy. Alot of the clothes I sold were a bunch of clothes that had been given to me but my kids had out grown them. So I guess it was more of a profit for me. But I wouldn't take clothes that I bought myself, especially new ones with tags on them. I agree, they really are kind of a rip off. My goal was to sell the clothes I had to buy my kids new clothes with the money thay gave me..ugh.
    BrandyBaby22

Comment by BrandyBaby22 (original poster) at 1:08 PM on May. 27, 2011

• No, but I know what their sister store pays... Plato's Closet. I would try to sell your items on eBay or at a garage sale. It's much easier.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:39 PM on May. 28, 2011