How can I get my husband to spend more time with me?

I haven't really spent much time with him at all here lately! Tonight I tried to be sweet and I made him some scrambled eggs since he was wanting them. And the whole time he was eating dinner he was on the damn computer. He knows eating dinner as a family is special to me! What could I do to spice up our lives or somehow make him want to spend more time with me? I don't want to be the married couple that never spends quality time with each other. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:30 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Relationships

• If you were just dating, what would you do? Possibly this is what you need to think about. It sounds as though you are being nice to him already. So maybe learn more about things that interest him so that you can have more conversations. He shouldn't be using the computer during a meal. If you made just the eggs for him and didn't join him with at least something to drink, then he may have assumed that it wasn't an official meal and that it was OK to use the computer. But if you were eating too, then he did wrong. I am reminded of the song that says "Wives should always be lovers, too." I wish you the very best of luck, you seem like a very nice person, and I hope this works out for you.

Answer by Bmat at 9:42 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Well, you could forget to pay the internet bill. HA HA! Seriously, I would have a nice long talk with him about these feelings. Maybe you could set aside one whole night of no TV, no internet, just quality time doing what you want. Designate a NAKED NIGHT. NO clothes are allowed.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 9:43 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• lol. Naked night would get his attention. But, it would be nice to have his attention with out sex being involved. I made a whole meal, not just eggs. We had breakfast for dinner =) I had my one year old in his high chair eating and there was no doubt it was a meal.
    Anonymous

• Make a deal with him. If you cook, he has to eat with you without other distractions. Naked Night sounds like fun though! Ha, ha!
    pinkink

Answer by pinkink at 10:01 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I agree with the Naked Night. When you serve him his plate do it in just your sexiest panties!
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 10:06 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Check out www.joelandkathy.com for their free download.
    PamJM

Answer by PamJM at 10:12 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I have a not stiff but a frequent rule of no tv while we're eating. Every family needs some time every day to stay connected and it's proven the best time to get everyone together is meal time... works for us. There are times when the kids eat at the table and hubby and I do eat at our puters and it's wrong but once in a while we like to just eat a meal without having little fingers digging around in our plates and drinks (3 yr old is horrible about wanting ours). Maybe you could feed the little one first, then you could fix the table up pretty, turn down the lights and try that naked night thing... or candles
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 10:28 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Pam. Thank you for the website. My husband isn't religious at all. But, I am. So this will be great for me, but not so great for him. Any other ideas?
    Anonymous