How common is it?

I've been a member of CM for a couple months. When questions come up about sex, or lack thereof, a lot of the ladies mention masturbating. I've never masturbated in my life. Is this common? I will say I am 37 so is it maybe a generational thing?
I don't know when I would find the time to do it and I think I'd feel weird doing it. I have a husband and good sex life...so it just seems odd.

heat631

Asked by heat631 at 9:49 AM on May. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• No, its not generational. I am 36, I have a great sex life and I masterbate.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on May. 27, 2011

• I'm 31 so I don't think your age has much to do with it. I'm going to say you're in the minority. It's fairly common, especially for single moms who would rather take care of their own needs than feel they have to find a man in order to be satisfied sexually.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 9:51 AM on May. 27, 2011

• it's very common
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:53 AM on May. 27, 2011

• I'm 64 and I have never practiced masturbation, and I think there are a lot of other women who don't. Perhaps they are just not as vocal about their sexual activity.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:54 AM on May. 27, 2011

• I'm 27 and have yet to masturbate. My husband thinks I do for some reason but I never had and never really felt the need to
    Eisleysmommy27

Answer by Eisleysmommy27 at 10:17 AM on May. 27, 2011

• Some people do and some people don't. If you don't want to, there's nothing abnormal. If you do, there's also nothing abnormal.
    Vix920

Answer by Vix920 at 10:20 AM on May. 27, 2011

• This always surprises me, masturbation is so normal and natural and instinctual. It's not a generational thing as I'm about your age and do as do most people where the topic has ever come up. I guess there isn't anything wrong if you don't - it just seems like people who don't aren't in touch with their own bodies. It can be such a great stress reliever. Aren't you even the least bit curious?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on May. 27, 2011

• Hmm. I dont (23) never orgasmed though. EVERYONE says to do it myself but i have no interest.
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 10:34 AM on May. 27, 2011

• I accidentally discovered it in the shower one day about 15 years ago, and tweaked it over the years to where i can get exactly what i need in a few minutes,lol! Look, just relax and try it a few times. Some girls need sex toys, dildos. Some girls need lubrication gels etc. figure out what works for you :)
    Joanne28

Answer by Joanne28 at 10:42 AM on May. 27, 2011

• I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it. If you are enjoying yourself, then go for it. I've just never done it nor have I ever heard of any of my girlfriends doing it. So when I saw it on CM so often that got me to wondering how common it is. As for me, I just don't see a need. I have a great sex life, don't have any problems having orgasms, and when I do have the big O I love having it with my husband. So I'm not curious becuase I feel as though I don't need to.
    The only thing I am curious about is the when. Even if I wanted to I don't know when I would find the time. When I'm alone with DH, I want him. When I'm alone by myself, I've always got stuff to do so the thought of, I don't know, taking my pants off on the couch and masturbating is just weird to me.
    heat631

Comment by heat631 (original poster) at 11:03 AM on May. 27, 2011