Bikini when pregnant?

what do you think when you see someone wearing a bikini while pregnant? someone who isnt a victoria secret model lol. i've never been comfortable in one period except when i was like 13? but now that ill be pregnant til july i thought about wearing one bc some people think its cute. i am 5'2 and 170lbs (8mo pregnant! i was 155 before) do you think that would look normal or just plain bad lol

mommiewife11

Asked by mommiewife11 at 9:57 AM on May. 27, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I say do what you want, if YOU feel comfortable then you'll rock it but if you feel self conscious then you shouldn't be in one - it's that simple. People who are grossed out by the pregger belly will be no matter what. Live your life without worrying what others think!
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 10:00 AM on May. 27, 2011

• ive seen my share of preggers in bikini's, and i always think they look cute. i myself am not comfortable wearing a bikini, i have self-image issues, so there was no way i was going to strut my stuff in one while pregnant. but i've never thought a pregnant woman looked horrid in a bikini, quite the opposite actually.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:00 AM on May. 27, 2011

• I don't think it really matter what other people think. I would never be comfortable in one pregnant or not but if you can go and not be self conscious then go for it.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:01 AM on May. 27, 2011

• How does this differ from someone who is overweight to someone who is pregnant?

I say, if you are comfortable wearing it, go for it. If someone has a problem, they don't have to look!
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:03 AM on May. 27, 2011

• Why not?? The last time I wore a bikini I was 2 mo pregnant with my first. I would love to rock a bikini again, but after two pregnancies, the flab and stretch marks would not be too atractive!
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 10:05 AM on May. 27, 2011

• If I could do it I would. I really applaud women that are confident in their bodies, baby bumps or curve curves.
    sipn_mom

Answer by sipn_mom at 10:05 AM on May. 27, 2011

• I think there is nothing wrong with showing your baby belly as long as you are comfortable with it.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:05 AM on May. 27, 2011

• I was wearing a bikini the week before my oldest daughter was born. I was 24, fairly slim, and my skin looked good back then. I wouldn't have considered it with my twin pregnancy, but I was past wearing a bikini before I got pregnant with them, and by the time it was swimming season I was enormous. I think if you feel comfortable showing that much skin it's fine, but if you'll feel self conscious find a nice maternity tankini and enjoy yourself.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 10:10 AM on May. 27, 2011

• I was super tone bfore I got pregnant and I didnt wear a bikini in public. However I did wear one on occasion while swimming at my sisters house- but im fair skinned and sunburn is more likely while pregnant so most times I wore a TANKINI.
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 10:32 AM on May. 27, 2011

• I guess if I did it, I wouldn't worry about my belly hanging over--it does when I am not pregnant,, LOL I say go for it if it makes you feel good,, not for me now or then,, LOL!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:08 AM on May. 27, 2011