Sigh...

Would you let your 5month old go stay with her father for a couple of weeks, he lives out of state and I spoke to his mother, she is going to sit for him while he is at work, he says that he really misses her and want to spend time with her and don't feel it should be a problem cause he is her father

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on May. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• No. Id get a court order before allowing anything since without one they dont have to give the baby back.

Answer by gemgem at 10:14 AM on May. 27, 2011

• personally, I wouldn't that is just too young. If he wants to see baby he should come. My OWN opinion - I simply could not let a 5 month old go for a couple weeks. Everyone is different. If you feel comfortable then it is your choice.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 10:14 AM on May. 27, 2011

• Are you BFing or FFing? Do you have a mutual agreement on basic child care? What is your relationship with him like? Why is he out of state? Are you together & long distance or separated? If you are separated, do you have a custody arrangement? I guess those are all factors that I would think of when making my decision.
    Vix920

Answer by Vix920 at 10:15 AM on May. 27, 2011

• Tell them that at 5 months the child still needs the mother everyday. If he really wants to see her then he can come and visit you until she is at least a year old.
    Eisleysmommy27

Answer by Eisleysmommy27 at 10:16 AM on May. 27, 2011

• At this young age a couple of weeks is a lot! But he is her father and he eserves to have a part in her life and to see her hit new milestones too.
    How far away exactly? I know you said out of state, but I could literally walk to the next state over in about 10 mins lol. Would it be feasable for him to have her a weekend? and then maybe one week? Could you work up to it?
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 10:18 AM on May. 27, 2011

• I'm AMENDING my response to agree with gemgem - she is right and I didn't even think about that - if you don't have custody papers and they WERE inclined to keep the baby then you are screwed. I don't know all the details but there is NO way I would do in thinking about it more. I think it's probably a huge mistake.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 10:20 AM on May. 27, 2011

• ah toughie....me im too overprotective, id say h*ll no lol. my kids didnt go to stay with father till they were old enough to talk clearly and understand what was being said or asked of them. i guess it depends on how much you trust your ex and his mother. if you have any concerns, i wouldnt send the baby until they are completely cleared up
    hnaused2010

Answer by hnaused2010 at 10:22 AM on May. 27, 2011

• We actually are in a long distance relationship, we see each other every month. I'm supposed to be moving with him soon, waiting for my daughter to finish school. He is coming to visit for the Memorial Holiday and just sprung this on me that he wants to take our daughter back with him and he already told his mother and she is super excited and i'm an emotional wreck and he don't understand why. I was just visiting with him for Easter Holiday and he said nothing about wanting her to come and spend time with him, it's like where did he get this from and why all of sudden he wants to, I mean I know he misses her, but i would have never thought he would ask me something like this
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:23 AM on May. 27, 2011

• he deserves the right to see his own child, screw what everyone else says, he has just as much right as u do.she needs both parents not just one.
    ashes27165

Answer by ashes27165 at 10:27 AM on May. 27, 2011

• No too young.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 10:28 AM on May. 27, 2011