has anyone tried the grocerygame.com?

i was looking on moneybiz for tips onsaving money and the grocerygame was in the top ten. it's a dollar for the first four weeks but then 8 every 8weeks i think (could b wrong). if u've done it, did u save? was it worth what u have 2 pay every 8 weeks? was it time consumming or diffficult? was it all junky food? and ne thing else u can tell me...thanx

yomamaporter

Asked by yomamaporter at 9:31 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Money & Work

• I did try it. YOu have to be incredibly organized to do this. Also for me it was not a money saver because I try to steer clear as much as possible from "packed" convenience items. The key of this game is stockpiling which also just hits a nerve for me as I find it to a degree a bit stingy and wasteful. I know after a while some people donate their excess but I dunno, JMO.
    If you do this you might try getting into a coupon train and save as many coupons as possible. Try and get coupon sections from as many sunday papers as possible etc. If you have a small place too, I think this game is even more difficult.
    upintrees

Answer by upintrees at 6:17 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• thanku :)
    yomamaporter

Answer by yomamaporter at 12:02 PM on Dec. 9, 2008