What's causing this...period-like cramps?

I'm almost 35 weeks pregnant and I've beeen having period-like cramps off and on but last night they wouldn't go away. There's no blood or anything but I feel like my period's coming on and it's really bothering me. Has anyone else experienced this? Do you know what could be causing it? Sorry if I sound like I don't know anything, I'm a first timer...

Dark-N-Prego

Asked by Dark-N-Prego at 10:23 AM on May. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Call the doctor! That is what contractions feel like.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:24 AM on May. 27, 2011

• could just b braxton hicks contractions, its how your body prepares you for labor. or maybe it just gas??? i wouldnt think it was a big deal as long as there is no serious pain. call and schedule an appt w ur ob/gyn and ask them. if ur realyl worried have them schedule an ultrasound so u can see that the baby is ok
    hnaused2010

Answer by hnaused2010 at 10:25 AM on May. 27, 2011

• I agree with above posters.
    One way to see if they are Braxton Hicks is to drink a large glass of water and relax a little. If they go away then don't worry. If they continue or come in waves, definitely call you OBGYN.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 10:43 AM on May. 27, 2011

• Yes, you could be having braxton hicks contractions and your cervix is stretching preparing for baby. I had braxton hicks contractions my entire last week of pregnancy. It def got annoying but all worth it! I would still call doc and check with them.
    Navywife2808

Answer by Navywife2808 at 10:56 AM on May. 27, 2011

• I'm 32 weeks and experiencing the same thing. The first thing I did was call my doctor to let her know what was going on. They continued so when I went in for my checkup they did a protein test from my cervix just to make sure I wouldn't go into active labor in the next few weeks. I would call the doctor, only he or she can give you peace of mind with this.
    heatherboo26

Answer by heatherboo26 at 11:17 AM on May. 27, 2011

• I am 35 weeks and 3 days pregnant right now. I have been having those same exact pains. They feel like really really horrible period cramps right? Ive had them for weeks but more over the past 3 days on and off and last night they wouldnt stop and I kept getting realllllly bad pressure down there which I know was my baby boy shoving his head down there lol. I called my doctor last night and he said they are contractions.. I chose not to go in and get my cervix checked, but if they keep on continuing today like they have been, then I will. Good Luck!
    lizjones

Answer by lizjones at 1:54 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Thanks ladies for all the advice! My doctor's on vacation until my next appt in June :( I drunk a lot of water and the pain lessened so I'm assuming they're braxton hicks. My lil man is very active so I know he's ok. Thanks again! You helped put my mind at ease!
    Dark-N-Prego

Comment by Dark-N-Prego (original poster) at 7:56 PM on May. 27, 2011