Why do people hate the Duggars so much? They aren't hurting anyone.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on May. 27, 2011 in Entertainment

• I want to live with them...they have a slide and a soda machine...like I mean seriously...who wouldn't want that!
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:22 AM on May. 28, 2011

• I watched an episode of them when their oldest were going to help with their oldest sons wedding... Th parents were complaining how hard it was to take care of all the kids without the older kids help. IMO, if you can't raise your kids with out the help of you older kids.... Then there's a problem. All of your kids, regardless of age should be able to have a childhood and not forced to care for their you ger siblings on a daily basis.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 10:46 AM on May. 27, 2011

• How about their female children? They are basically raising their siblings, cooking and cleaning for a family of 21. When are they allowed to be kids?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:45 AM on May. 27, 2011

• I just don't like the fact that they're creating their own little army of brainwashed god-slaves. I also don't like how the older kids are basically raising the younger ones- if you have so many kids, you can't take care of them your self, then perhaps you have TOO damn many.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 10:55 AM on May. 27, 2011

• Because they live a different lifestyle and many people are not tolerant of that. I agree, they are not hurting anyone, are not on public assistance, and live a very healthy lifestyle. So let them be.
    momk23

Answer by momk23 at 10:45 AM on May. 27, 2011

• I don't see any difference in this and having children when you are too old. If you can't take care of them, don't have them.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:48 AM on May. 27, 2011

• i feel like they wouldn't be able to give each child the amount of personal attention that they deserve. how could they possibly go to every child's activities like a parent should?
    TiffanieK

Answer by TiffanieK at 10:52 AM on May. 27, 2011

• I don't get it. I guess people are just jealous. A. the choice to have a large family is their own and as long as they can support them - it is no ones business. B. They are financially independant, DO NOT receive assistance of any type (I get so mad when I hear people say this) C. Their family runs better and there seems to be more love than a smaller family. While I personally couldn't do it - they seems to be cool, loving people raising very well adjusted children.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 10:45 AM on May. 27, 2011

• "i feel like they wouldn't be able to give each child the amount of personal attention that they deserve. how could they possibly go to every child's activities like a parent should? "

That's just it- they don't have "activities". They are *completely* isolated from reality. That alone, is abuse.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:02 AM on May. 27, 2011

• They are taught to stay until marriage
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on May. 27, 2011