how do i get my 10 month old to sleep through the night?

my baby is 10 months old and im weaning him and he doesnt sleep throught the night still
his crib is in my room until i move into my brothers old room
i sleep out on the couch once in a while and he will only sleep 3 hours at a time
so im just asking for some advise how i could get him to sleep through the night

bananababy

Asked by bananababy at 9:31 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• when my son got up in the middle of the night i would let him cry for 20 minutes, and if he hadn't fell asleep by then i'd get him a bottle. after a while he fell asleep before 20 minutes, then he eventually just stopped getting up altogether
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 9:44 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Whyare you weaning at only 10 months?
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 9:46 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• My son is 21 months and still nursing. I am using the No Cry Sleep Solution. Up until Dec 1 he was waking every 2 hours to nurse. After only 6 days he's sleeping so much better(6 hour stretches) and going to sleep on his own. No need to wean so he gets mommy milk as long as possible. I refuse to let a baby CIO but this works just as well and just as fast. Good luck!
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 10:14 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Have you tried swaddling him? I never had any problems with both of my boys sleeping though the night because I always made sure that they had a warm bath, milk, a clean diaper and that they were swaddled (wrapped in a blanket) tightly. Of course not too tightly but tight enough so that they feel secure. You have to remember, babies were used to tight spaces in the womb so swaddling helps to put them asleep. This website can teach you how to do it correctly because it's hard to explain how to do it unless you can actually see it! Good luck!

http://www.realtechmom.com/how-my-baby-became-the-happiest-baby-on-the-block/

floyd835

Answer by floyd835 at 11:02 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• insane.

i let my daughter cry it out. she now sleeps 7-7. she eats three meals a day now too though, at 11 months. at 10 she was eating 3 aday and started sleeping 7-7 at 8 months. Doc said to let her cry, it worked.... Cant attach them at the hip all the time.

no i didnt breast feed. i breast fed in a bottle as long as i could- she would not latch on- so i didnt have to wean but my friend did and did the same thing. her baby sleeps also 7-7
    Sandiii

Answer by Sandiii at 11:05 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• floyds right on!
    Sandiii

Answer by Sandiii at 11:07 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I found that my son wasn't waking up for a bottle; he just wanted to suck on something to soothe himself back to sleep. We started giving him a pacifier and he pretty much sleeps through the night (if he does wake up, we give the pacifier and he falls right back to sleep). Good Luck!
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 11:33 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Honestly? They will sleep through when THEY are ready to. Do nothing and they'll sleep through on THEIR schedule. Do something...and they'll still sleep through on THEIR schedule. What you want doesn't even enter the equation.

Check out "The No Cry Sleep Solution" though. It can be reassuring.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:05 AM on Dec. 9, 2008