Weird size question

In alot of brands I wear a size 2....for example - Gap, Ann Taylor, Old Navy, Express. In other brands (example Bebe) a size 4 or a 6 fits me. What gives? Are certain designers just making size 4 and 6's and masquerading them as 2's. So to be a real size 2 do I need to diet down to a 00!? And finally am I the only one who thinks about this petty crap?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on May. 27, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• some brands are just made different, you don't need to lose any weight ur small enough
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:58 AM on May. 27, 2011

• Stop worrying about the size. Wear pants that fit. Size 2, 4 or 6, you are still just as thin.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:59 AM on May. 27, 2011

• All jeans fit me differently too....I always buy from Maurices and can wear a 3/4....however if I buy from somewhere else, it can be anywhere from a size 7 to 9....
    cmgIII

Answer by cmgIII at 10:59 AM on May. 27, 2011

• i wear a size 5 from most stores, like jc penny, body shop, rue 21, ect. but at american eagle, i wear a 0. i guess you pay the extra money to feel skinny. lol
    TiffanieK

Answer by TiffanieK at 11:02 AM on May. 27, 2011

• You just cannot go by the sizes on tags anymore. Some places I can wear a 2, then other things a 7. In tops, I have XS to L and they all fit! It is crazy!
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 11:04 AM on May. 27, 2011

• I am jealous,, lol,,,I think just different designers cut their clothes differently.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:06 AM on May. 27, 2011

• Every brand, every designer, etc makes their clothes different in different sizes. And ya know, sizes differ between countries too. Here (Canada), I'm a medium in tshirts, for example, and in the states, I'm a small.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 11:21 AM on May. 27, 2011

• It's called 'Vanity Sizing'. Research has shown you can put two women in the exact same dress, label one a size 2 and one a size 4 and the woman in the one labeled a 2 is much more likely to purchase the dress ~ because it plays off our ego. There is no industry standard for sizing, so companies can label as they chose, and lots of them are chosing to label smaller to get you to buy.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 11:34 AM on May. 27, 2011

• It is either vanity sizing or it could be a matter of Juniors v. Womens.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:20 AM on May. 28, 2011

• I agree with poster above me
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 10:24 PM on May. 30, 2011