Why do teachers/doctors/professionals in general want our kids placed in an educational preschool setting?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on May. 27, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• come on the answers are right in front of us.....
    Once the child goes into a preschool setting they are getting the "social skills" as people call it. But now days the preschool settings are in actual schools instead of the original seperate building we had before. Once the enter the schools then they are watched for certain behaviors that these professionals tend to think ALL are suppose to do at certain ages. If the child does not meet standards according to their findings then you see they are recommended that "billy" needs this and he needs that. So to make a LONG story short
    These settings are keeping the JOBS for the professionals going
    "Its all about the Money Honey"
    Esam

Answer by Esam at 11:19 AM on May. 27, 2011

• Preschool is great for kids, it gives them a chance to learn how to participate in a school setting and teaches them skills to give them a good start in school and life. You can also teach the same skills at home and through preschool programs like the public library offers (we did this), but a lot of parents don't do that, which is why preschool is encouraged.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:03 AM on May. 27, 2011

• I am all for preschool! Dd went for two years and she learned sooo much. Her kindergarten teacher even commented on how well prepared she was. If if can be afforded, children need to go to preschool. Ds will be 3 this fall, and I want him to go to preschool where dd went. Not only do they learn so much, but they learn how to interact with other children.
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 11:11 AM on May. 27, 2011

• all of what scout mom said and plus the first 5 years of life is when kids learn the easiest.. my daughter could write her alphabet by the time she was 3/4 thanks to preschool type programs... my sons sperm donor taught him apache when he was a baby, so unitl he was almost 3 i couldnt understand a word he said, it was the preschool programs that helped me teach him english...
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 11:17 AM on May. 27, 2011

• easier to brainwash them from a younger age
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on May. 27, 2011

• Wow the cynicism is at an all time high today as are the 'down votes just because I don't agree.' That's what I love about this place.

OP - I don't know that I'd say these professionals in general want children in an educational preschool setting. Having two kids pass through that age I never felt pressured or advised by any professional to put either in a preschool setting of any sort. Perhaps some are encouraging it based on developmental needs tied to Head Start programs or perhaps in some areas it comes up more often based on aggressive goals and milestones set for kindergarten programs in certain districts.

My kids did attend preschool. It wasn't "brainwashing" and it wasn't about keeping someone employed. It was something they enjoyed. The school believed in 'interactive learning" which was child appropriate lessons learned through projects and play.

Oh, hi there you with the down votes for me. Nice to meet you.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 12:19 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Actually, I'm seeing that there are two camps: those supporting "academic" preschools and others supporting "play-based" preschool. Yes, most support some kind of preschool because of the social skills and education they get (the truth is that kindergarden is what 1st grade used to be). However, there is disagreement on whether the kids should be doing worksheets and structured lessons or if they should be learning through guided play. I'm a fan of the play-based preschools, where kids learn by doing projects/experiments and having fun. Worksheets and flashcards are okay, but I think there is a better way for kids prep their brains for school and life.
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 12:37 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Its less teaching, training and discipline that they have to deal with!!!
    emerald2

Answer by emerald2 at 11:00 AM on May. 27, 2011