Is it true that you can still get pregnant when your tubes have been tied?

I have heard from some friends that you can still get pregnant after tubes have been tied and even claim to know a woman that happened to.OMG! I got mine tied for medical reasons but I definatly never want to be pregnant ever again love my kids to death but I almost died having my last and it was really hard.I developed high blood pressure and all kinds of things that never went away.It seemed like a real horror story and alot to go through and I am just wondering can that really happen?

Brandy928

Asked by Brandy928 at 11:02 AM on May. 27, 2011 in Health

• i've heard the same thing, and i sure as hell hope not cuz like you i almost died having mine and had a tubal done... never want to get pregnant again...
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 11:04 AM on May. 27, 2011

• It's not usual. It's rare.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on May. 27, 2011

• I live in a town of less then 600 and 2 women got pregnant while their tunes were tied and one of the women well her bf was "fixed"
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 11:05 AM on May. 27, 2011

• Yes, the average failure rate is approximately 1 in every 400 procedures. It is higher if your tubes were actually cut than if they were clamped- it is common for them to fuse and regenerate, even if it does not result in pregnancy.

I used to babysit a set of fraternal triplets who were conceived after a tubal.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:05 AM on May. 27, 2011

• hahaa... sorry I meant tubes not tunes
    wheresthewayout

• what happens is they become untied. it can happen, but it is very rare. you would be at a less of a risk by getting them tied and burned, but they can still grow back but that would be extremely rare. i say if you get pregnant after doing all that, you are meant to have that baby.
    TiffanieK

Answer by TiffanieK at 11:06 AM on May. 27, 2011

• I have a couple cousins who are living proof.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 11:11 AM on May. 27, 2011

• It's very rare but it does happen. I only know one woman who it happened to.
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 11:18 AM on May. 27, 2011

•  It has happened but, i think it is pretty Rare- i had my Tubes Tied in 88' the day after my son was born- i was 21; i never worried about getting pregnant again..

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 11:19 AM on May. 27, 2011

• it's like 1 or 2 % of people. super rare. I think most pregnancies that happen with tubes tied end up being tubal though.
    strawberryLVR

Answer by strawberryLVR at 11:19 AM on May. 27, 2011