Has anyone else ever done this or am I a bad person XD

I'll use last time as an example. a month or so ago I bought my twins an outfit set from walmart. the ones that came with a tank top and teeshirt with mickey mouse and then knit black shorts. WELL. they wear a 2T/3T size shirt but 2T/3T size shorts are MASSIVE. So.... I switched the shorts with 18month size shorts.. I felt bad but I figured someone would either notice before they bought them or notice when they got home and would be able to exchange them no problem if they wanted/needed too.

have you ever done this??

ElsaSalsaaa

Asked by ElsaSalsaaa at 11:16 AM on May. 27, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would never do it. I have for the most part bought separates for both of mine. It is IRRITATING to get home with a set and the sizes are different, and they do not work for my child. I shop out of town(over an hour away) so returning it is difficult. Depending on how bad I need the outfit, I have to make a long trip with two children who hate to go anywhere and try to return it, only to find that by then the other sets are sold out. So, I have wasted so much in gas, upset myself and my children and still did not get what I needed in the first place. Please take in consideration others who shop before you do it again. This along with shoplifting is why we have to pay so much for stuff in the first place.
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 11:33 AM on May. 27, 2011

• No, I haven't done that but been stuck with outfits like this. Exchanging it isn't as easy for some than it is for others. I live half an hour away from my closest store. Some people have to ride busses or get a ride from someone. When people shop, although they say buyer beware, they expect to get what they paid for. If it's on a hanger together, it should be the same size. Also, if no one has the opposite of your children, then they end up being sold on the clearance rack for a fraction of the price. Although we love a bargain, if they aren't making their bottom line, the prices will rise in other areas.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 11:19 AM on May. 27, 2011

• I HATE it when ppl do that! I have more then one time got a set that was mismatched because of it. And NO people assume that a set is a set & both are supposed to be the same size. If you need diff. sized you can buy separates. Quit doing that! It's selfish & annoying to other shoppes. I have one foot that is half a size bigger then the other. You don't see me swapping out shoes so I can have two that are diff sizes! That's not right. It's not other people's problem that my feet are diff. sizes. Just like its not other shoppers problem that your want to be sneaky & switch the clothes!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on May. 27, 2011

• No, i've never done that. If one part of a set doesnt fit...then I don't buy the set. Why don't you look into buying seperate pieces?
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:23 AM on May. 27, 2011

• No. I had trouble when my kids were little because they were just SO skinny around the waist. I just stuck to separates, or if I did buy a set, put the pants/shorts up to be used after they would fit properly.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:18 AM on May. 27, 2011

• No but I have picked up clothes where this was done and have been more than tickled off. I lived an hour from all stores and made the trip no more than once a week and if I was buying something it was because we needed it, then wound up at home and it was no good for us. I see quite a few people apparently do it but I think it is rude.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:24 AM on May. 27, 2011

• No I haven't done it and I wouldn't do it. When they are out of sync in sizes I just buy the mix and match that way I don't screw the store over or the next person who goes to buy the outfit.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 11:26 AM on May. 27, 2011

• No, but I have had the bad luck to pick things that people have switched out on clearance and then you can't take it back. Instead it becomes a Goodwill donation.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:18 AM on May. 27, 2011

• I've thought about it but I would feel too bad for the person that got the switched stuff
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 11:21 AM on May. 27, 2011

• No, I don't do that. It is dishonest and selfish. Why do you think it's ok to inconvenience or punish the next shopper or the store? Do you really want to go down the path of teaching your children that it's ok to break the rules if it benefits them? Will you also teach them to lie about their age to get a cheaper kids meal when they get older?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on May. 27, 2011