Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

OH lord,, it is back,,,fireplace issue,, I thought it was solved,, LOL!

Okay yesterday I posted about something in my fireplace! I finally got the courage to open the flue, and heard a smushing noise, and nothing fell out,, so this morning the noise of scratching and no other squeaks or anything is back..I opened the flue again and nothing.. I called the animal removal place, and still they cannot come until Monday! I am at a loss now as what to do? HELP PLEASE<< LOL!

 
kimigogo

Asked by kimigogo at 11:23 AM on May. 27, 2011 in Home & Garden

Level 37 (91,454 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (10)
  • OR if you are brave enough, open the flue and start the fireplace up.. it should get right out if its in the fireplace.
    xxhazeldovexx

    Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:06 PM on May. 27, 2011

  • i'd say throw some water down there and see what happens, but i'm not really sure if that's a good idea. lol
    TiffanieK

    Answer by TiffanieK at 11:38 AM on May. 27, 2011

  • are you sure its the fireplace and not your wall?its not uncommon for squirrels to get into your walls and make scratching sounds. if its an open fireplace the just temporarily block it off.. if its closed up (like we have a wood stove fireplace that i van just close the doors to. ) then just wait for animal control. i would keep the flue closed though.. that way you know you arent letting other things in as well.
    xxhazeldovexx

    Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:05 PM on May. 27, 2011

  • Oh no! I thought it was gone after the last post yesterday! I hope it gets out of there(and NOT in your house) soon! It's probably something harmless like a chipmunk or squirrel or something.
    lovingmy4babies

    Answer by lovingmy4babies at 12:17 PM on May. 27, 2011

  • Oh my goodness. I seriously thought you were out of the woods. I guess your only option is to wait until monday.. ugh.
    KristinRox

    Answer by KristinRox at 12:45 PM on May. 27, 2011

  • Belive me I have thought about starting the fireplace, but we had the gas shut off to it for spring,, and I have no idea how to turn it on,, my luck,, I will end up blowing up the house and the thing will still be there,, 100% sure it is not in the wall!
    kimigogo

    Comment by kimigogo (original poster) at 12:09 PM on May. 27, 2011

  • oh man, persistant little bugger isn't it
    Ashlynnsmommy07

    Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 1:57 PM on May. 27, 2011

  • I think I read that you did finally take care of this but if you didn't that has to stink. Good luck to you.
    Peajewel

    Answer by Peajewel at 9:03 PM on May. 27, 2011

  • ha! i read your last post... glad you figured it out
    asil

    Answer by asil at 10:34 PM on May. 27, 2011

  • Just block it off and wait it out. Thats about all you can do.
    aj23

    Answer by aj23 at 2:48 AM on May. 29, 2011

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN