How to heal after a heartbreak?

I am in my mid 30's and for the past 5 months had been dating a man about the same age. I thought that we were exclusive and he and I had both agreed that we were not seeing anyone else. Our relationship has not been without our share of problems and we were both to blame. There were times that we would "not talk or see each other" for up to a week at a time, but we always managed to get back together. I recently found out that a week AFTER we were back together (a month ago) he had been talking to/seeing someone else. I am completely devestated and feel physically sick over the thought. I confronted him and his response was " I guess in a way,I was keeping my options open", this is cheating to me because we were together for one,and he also apparently felt the need to have someone in the backround as a back up plan. I am not taking this well at all and havent been through anything this painful in sometime. He did say that he still loved me,but unless thats the way men think,you cant love someone while trying to lure someone else in from the sidelines. I didnt want to get up this morning and have a child to take care of, besides time is there anything I can do to not feel so sad?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on May. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• ((((HUGS))))) So sorry momma sometimes all you can do is ride it out maybe even have a girls night out and invite a friend over to do something fun.It can only help.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:32 AM on May. 27, 2011

• let that guy go and do not waste another minute of your energy on him! I would get up, get your child taken care of and pamper your self. I have found over time (I will be 51) that if we are happy with ourselves then the people around us will be happy. Please do not think you need a man to survive. That is how I was raised.. no college, just get married and be a wife & mother! WRONG!!!! FYI - Your child watches and feels every move you make. You are first a woman and then a mother, not to confuse the importance of both, but you need to make sure you are the best mother you can be or know how to be but do not put the child(ren) on the side lines while you worry over a man. Look in that mirror and see who you are and what you want to be. Then look at your child and see what you want for them. Once you are happy with yourself the natural glow will attract several men. Confidence in yourself is what they seek!
    katalakd

Answer by katalakd at 11:41 AM on May. 27, 2011

• you were only dating 5 months and you had sooo many ups and downs in just that first 5 months alone?? Its obviously NOT a healthy relationship... be glad it didnt last a few YEARS instead. If he still needs options he doesnt love you, it's best to just move on. Sure it hurts a lot now, you guys (regardless how rocky) were in the honeymoon stage of dating, it's going to seem like you lost of the love of your life.. but trust me, once you get back on the horse, you'll laugh about it later and say, wow can't believe i ever cried over HIM.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:37 PM on May. 27, 2011

• He obviously doesn't take this relationship seriously and uses the term 'love' quite loosely. This relationship is doing nothing positive in your life and it's probobly time to let it go. I'm so sorry,dear; but why waste another minute of your life on this jerk?
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 12:51 PM on May. 27, 2011