Why would you dress your kids in the same outfit everyday?

There are these two little girls in my apartment complex who wear the same outfit everyday from hair to shoes. They are 2 or 3 years apart. I just don't understand it!
Or another example, the twin girls who live here too. Same thing. I mean, with twins I kinda get it, but if I ever had twins I wouldn't do it.
Do you?

Nicoles2LilRams

Asked by Nicoles2LilRams at 11:26 AM on May. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• You don't have to understand it. It might be what she dreamed of when she was a girl and wanted a sister sooo badly. Or how her mother dressed her and her sister. Or it's easier than "her dress (shirt, whatever) is nicer than mine!" (which I used to hear all of the time with my nieces.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:30 AM on May. 27, 2011

• Maybe the kid likes the outfit. Why does it matter to you?
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 11:27 AM on May. 27, 2011

• OH you mean they wear the SAME thing as in they match eachother? Oh. Yeah I don't get that either. Children are individuals, not litters. Sorry I thought you were talking about wearing th same outfit everyday.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 11:29 AM on May. 27, 2011

• I do have a matching outfit for my two girls (ages 3 yo and a 5 month old).. but I mix it up some.. For example I bought the girls a matching dresslike shirt.. my oldest has it in purple and my youngest in pink. But my oldest likes the green tights with hers and I put my youngest in the yellow tights. They are similar yet still different. Their nana did buy them an outfit that was identical, but aside from taking pictures for their nana with them in it, I don't think we ever went out in public with them dressed in it together.. But I can't understand EVERY day! That's a little much. Maybe once a month for a special occasion (I bought the dresslike shirts for mothersday outting).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:30 PM on May. 27, 2011

• My daughters are 6, 4 and 5 months. I dress my 6 & 4 year olds alike sometimes. If they have a super cute shirt at a store..i buy them both one!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:27 AM on May. 27, 2011

• I can understand dressing the twins the same, there seems to be an unwritten rule about twins at a younger age (when mom decided on wardrobe) that they dress pretty much the same. As for the others that are a few years apart... maybe someone sews for them? major sale on the same items different sizes or maybe a mother that wishes they were twins!
    katalakd

Answer by katalakd at 11:29 AM on May. 27, 2011

• my brother's wife does this with their girls, and find a matching outfit for their son too! the girls are about 3 years apart and the boy is a year and a half younger than the youngest girl.... i have a boy and girl and don't coordinate their outfits...the only time they have on the same colors on purpose is for pictures or easter lol
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:29 AM on May. 27, 2011

• i think it might be cute to dress them in the same colors while they're still young. but definitely not the same exact outfit.
    TiffanieK

Answer by TiffanieK at 11:30 AM on May. 27, 2011

• I can understand dressing the twins the same, there seems to be an unwritten rule about twins at a younger age (when mom decided on wardrobe) that they dress pretty much the same
    ==
    Sorry but I don't understand that either. Just because they look alike it doesn't mean they have to dress alike. I wouldn't dress my twins in the same outfits.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 11:30 AM on May. 27, 2011

• Well sometimes kids like it. My 4 yr old and 2 yr old boys love wearing the same pj's and while they don't dress exactly the same they like it when they both have on a Spiderman shirt or when their colors are the same.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 11:32 AM on May. 27, 2011