Single for too long

I am a single mother of a teenage girl. Since I was a sigle woman of a girl I was afraid to date and trust anyone around my daughter. Now she is at the age that I am not that afraid for her but now I have been out of the loop for so long that I do not know how to get back into it! Single for 11 years and only dated a few times during that time! help

katalakd

Asked by katalakd at 11:26 AM on May. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• good for you! it's good to be independent. now that your daughter is older and is forming her own life, it will be good for you to start your own life. you will probably enjoy casually dating multiple guys rather than settling down immediately. get involved with your daughters school and activities, maybe you'll met some single fathers. or some new friends who know good looking single men.
    TiffanieK

Answer by TiffanieK at 11:29 AM on May. 27, 2011

• Wow I must say big up's to you. This is some serious respect for your daughter and I too did the same thing as I thought was good for my daughter but I met my DH when she was 9 and we married, that was the best decision I ever made and I pray the same for you. We try to protect our children as much as we can as parents. I see many women that don't care that they are raising a daughter and allow all kinds of things to tarnish them...now its your turn to open up and find that which u are seeking. Im so sure your relationship with your daughter is great
    wow congrad's and good luck, open yourself to a good man and that's what u deserve
    We still must lead by example no matter how old we are
    Esam

Answer by Esam at 11:38 AM on May. 27, 2011

• lol you know I'm considering remainging single for the same reason ( I have TWO girls though).

but the best way to go out into the dating world again is to pick up on some hobbies you enjoy. If you like to golf, get a friend and go golfing, sick around the lounge areas there for lunch as well.. (this is just one example of a hobby, there are HUNDREDS of others though).. dress confident and act confident, the more confident you are the more attractive you'll be to others.
    But if you follow your hobbies you are more likely to find a man that fits into your life and enjoys what you enjoy.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:25 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Don't focus on starting a relationship. You should focus on having fun with someone first. Doing so can relieve alot of the stress you are feeling. Just think 'what advice would I give my daughter when she starts dating', and act accordingly. You are setting an example for her. Wouldn't you want your girl to just focus on enjoying hanging out with a guy and not about a relationship and all the drama that entails? You might also tell her to go slow or to play the field at first?
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 12:33 PM on May. 27, 2011