What is the risk of a second miscarriage?

I am currently 8 weeks pregnant following a miscarriage 6 months ago. The miscarriage happened just before 8 weeks. I have two healthy daughters, 3 and 5.

romero4

Asked by romero4 at 4:04 PM on Jul. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Your risk of recurrent miscarriage depends on the reason your miscarried the first time. Some genetic defects repeat, while others are not likely to recur. There are many other factors to take into consideration, as well. Just focus your energy on making sure you are doing everything you can for you and baby. And hey, you have already passed the 8 week point, so maybe you can relax a little now.
    amazon_jane21

Answer by amazon_jane21 at 8:35 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• I read (on a pregnancy site) that the doctors are concerned if there are more than 3 miscarriages in a row-then your risk goes up. But either way, I would try and relax, take it easy, and try to focus on the positive (I know it easier said than done). Less stress is the best for you right now. Good luck:):):):)
    Americanmom483

Answer by Americanmom483 at 6:31 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• i had a miscarriage a year and a half ago and am 7 months preg and things are going well...my younger sis had a baby girl then a miscarriage then a healthy baby girl
    danielle99999

Answer by danielle99999 at 2:10 PM on Jul. 13, 2008