How much coffee can you have when you are pregnant?

i drink about 1 cup a day and the girls here at work are freaking me out saying i shouldnt drink it at all?

selaranda

Asked by selaranda at 11:34 AM on May. 27, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Switch to decaf. Caffeine during pregnancy is not good.
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 11:37 AM on May. 27, 2011

• When I was pregnant (5 yrs ago) my doctor told me it was ok to have coffee --- in moderation. So I did cut down to 1 cup a day. If you are concerned about the caffiene then maybe try going to a half and half coffee (it has half regular, half decaf) or go down to decaf. I would also double check with your doctor on how much coffee is ok, and then next time the girls at work freak out about you having a cup of coffee reply with a "My doctor says it is ok for me to have X cup coffee".
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:37 AM on May. 27, 2011

• You know what is funny I work in the Dr's office where i am being seen for the pregnancy. ! lol and the Dr did say its ok I think the girls just like to give me a hard time!
    selaranda

Comment by selaranda (original poster) at 11:40 AM on May. 27, 2011

• None..I don't like coffee.. but I drank pop.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:41 AM on May. 27, 2011

• I switched to decaf just to be safe but my mom drank it both pregnancies, constantly. I was 20 days early, by brother was a month late so who's to say what it honestly does?
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 11:47 AM on May. 27, 2011

• a cup or two (6-8 oz cup) a day is ok... I'd have one cup in the morning and one diet Pepsi in the afternoon... my doc said that was FINE!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:48 AM on May. 27, 2011

• they recommend no more than a cup a day of caffeinated beverages.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:55 AM on May. 27, 2011

• I've read & heard that 200mg (possibly up to 400) is okay, which is equal to 2 cups of coffee (depending on the strength of course). I asked at my first prenatal visit about caffeine intake because I don't drink coffee or soda, but take a caffeine tablets (exactly 200mg) once a day for headaches. I was told that is okay, she just said that some have an intake of caffeine throughout the day which "could" cause problems, but it hasn't been completely proven.
    MissValla

Answer by MissValla at 12:36 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I drank 1 vanilla bean frappucino everyday until like my 21 week then i just stopped ask your Dr. tO be on the safe side but I believe it's safe
    timbrikaylamom

Answer by timbrikaylamom at 1:23 PM on May. 27, 2011