My Evan rubbed my belly and said "HOWS my favorite baby?" and all I could do is cry!!

my son Evan is autistic and i guess i never thought he would ask about the baby after i lost it.. i don't know how to tell him that the baby is gone now. He still loves on my belly. :(
what do i do??

EvansMommy31605

Asked by EvansMommy31605 at 11:35 AM on May. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• I found this book as well as this one on amazon. It looks like they had good reviews and I am sure your DS is a visual learner like mine so this may help you talk to him.  Books are a great way to open up dialog.  I am so sorry.  ((hugs to you both))

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on May. 27, 2011

• "Evan, your favorite baby went to heaven (to be with angels - whatever he best would understand I guess) now and is no longer in mommy's tummy."
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on May. 27, 2011

• Oh shoot my answer was accidentally anon... Anyway I hope those suggestions help. I will keep looking to see if I see more...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:46 AM on May. 27, 2011

• :(
    awww,mama. That had to be so hard. I don't know what I wouldve done either. I agree with pp, maybe trying to explain the baby went to heaven will help.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:41 AM on May. 27, 2011

• Thank you so much!!
    EvansMommy31605

Comment by EvansMommy31605 (original poster) at 11:50 AM on May. 27, 2011