odor down there

i have been having an unpleasant odor down there for a few months now. does anyone know if certain meds cause that and what they may be? it is really making me embarressed. any help anyone can give would really help. by the way, i do wash a lot and it is not an yeast infection.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:35 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Health

• It could be something in your diet that is pungent (such as garlic or onions and some other foods), vitamins or mineral supplements, or even bacterial vaginosis.
    JDsWifey

Answer by JDsWifey at 9:39 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• At certain times of the month you may sweat more than others, especially down there. Have you been to a Dr. and had STD tests? If anything of that nature has been ruled out, just use some feminine deoderant, there are also washes you can use.
    Anonymous

• If it's not a yeast infection it could be Bacterial vaginosis. Produces a really bad odor. The only way that I know to get rid of it is to go to your doc and get antibiotics. Also is it possible that a tampon got left in there? That's happened once to me.....talk about humiliating!
    TylersMom323

Answer by TylersMom323 at 9:41 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Do you have a IUD?
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 9:42 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Sounds like it could be a bacterial infection. I'd go to the doc and get it checked out. Douching isn't good for your body. It kills the good and the bad bacteria on the vaginal wall. You need that "good" bacteria to fight off infection. Your body is designed to clean itself out. Douching just isn't necessary. Some foods can cause foul odor. Asparagus does it for me. That only lasts a day though. You doctor can put you on an antibiotic if it is indeed a bacterial infection or STD and the odor will go away. Good luck.
    pinkink

Answer by pinkink at 9:46 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Anonymous

• food,change of diet, and even allergic reaction to sperm will make it smell different. I'd go to the dr tho just to make sure there's not a problem.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 11:13 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Yup it sounds like Bacterial Vaginosis to me too. Call u'r doctor and they put u on antibiotics. I have that problem and to be honest with me it's a reacquiring thing. I hate it it's so embarrassing and the doctor says there's no way to get rid of it just treat it. Sucks I hope u'r body takes the medicine better then mine because mines always comes back.
    Anonymous