How do I stop the pain when working out?

I have just started working out again and I am out of shape I started the first of this week and I am in so much pain I just wanna quit but I have to get some of this weight off of me and I need to get back in shape because I find that I get out of breath too easy. So my question is does anyone have any ideas as to how I can relieve the pain after a workout and how long should I workout daily if I want to see dramatic weight loss with in the month?

afreethingrep

Asked by afreethingrep at 11:56 AM on May. 27, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Have you stretched and what are you doing to workout?
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:00 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Yes I do stretch after every workout I am doing turbo jam it is so fun but the pain after is almost unbearable.
    afreethingrep

Comment by afreethingrep (original poster) at 12:02 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Okay have you thought about maybe taking it slower or walking afterwards?
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:04 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I am doing the turbo sculpt so the work out is pretty slow but we are using weights to tone the muscle and no I had not though about taking a walk afterwards I will try that sound like a good idea hope I can make it LOL! But yea the way she does the sculpting workout it is at a slow paste but because the workout is based on gaining muscle we are working different muscle groups and that is where the pain comes in. Thanks for the ideas I will keep them in mind.
    afreethingrep

Comment by afreethingrep (original poster) at 12:07 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Ibuprofen is an excellent pain reliever. Ice is best for joints and sore muscles. The pain should be less intense in about 2 weeks of consistent working out. If you want to see Biggest Loser type results, you have to remember, they spent 4-6 hours straight working out, daily and participated in activities too. You would have to work out 4-6 hours every single day, plus educate yourself about food. Maybe you should check out the biggest loser online? Even if you don't join, it's great motivation. Also, have you talked to a Dr about your weight loss? You should as soon as you can. I commend you on wanting to make a permanent change, from one big honey to another, best of luck to you.
    Aneya

Answer by Aneya at 12:08 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Thanks Aneya I will keep this in mind as well and I am gonna have to work my way up to the 4-6 hours thing I am finding it hard just to do 1 hour per day but I know where you are coming from I did want to take any pain meds but if the pain cont I will be looking for some LOL. Thanks again for sharing your comment looking forward to a new me by December I am so sick of the pain on my joints have to do something.
    afreethingrep

Comment by afreethingrep (original poster) at 12:12 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Antacid 20 minutes before you work out. The pain is the result of lactic acid deposited in the muscle while you work out. Antacid(Tums, Rolaids) will reduce the amount of lactic acid in your bloodstream so less of it gets to the muscle to cause pain. It doesn't eliminate it, but it really does greatly reduce it.

I learned this treat from a professional kickboxer years ago, and have definately noticed the difference when I remember to use it!
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 12:20 PM on May. 27, 2011

• trick, not treat! Mmmmm....candy.
    desert_diva

• Remember to stretch AFTER a work out too. Throughout the day, do random stretching to relieve the soreness of muscles.
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 4:40 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Stretching and hydration-

Remember Rice.
    Rest
    Ice
    Compression
    Elevation
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 7:55 PM on May. 27, 2011