How would you respond?

my 16 yr old asked me the other day

"was it worth it? to have kids?" He is mind set that he doesn't want any. Then he goes on to say, "just think of all the money ya'll would have if you had no kids or even just 1 kid."

my response was "Money is nothing compared to love"
Even as a small child I knew I wanted to be a mom and everything else was nothing compared to it.

I know everyone is different -how would you have responded to his question, had he asked you?

2teens2LOs

Asked by 2teens2LOs at 12:04 PM on May. 27, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• I think you did the right thing to tell him your from the heart answer. He may view things different once he's older & realizes money isn't everything. It could also be a good thing at this time he views it that way at his current age, as there are many teen pregnancies. I hope that doesn't sound harsh, as I have many friends & family members who had children VERY young (while still in HS), things happen & I love & support them & their children very much.
    MissValla

Answer by MissValla at 12:15 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I would say- worth it, but it's also the hardest thing too. I would then go on to say that until I had my first I never wanted kids, but I wouldn't change it for anything. I love them both
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:14 PM on May. 27, 2011

• blank staremy daughter asked me that one day, so with a huge smile and as sarcastically as i could i said... nope... now go to your room your grounded for even asking... she said WHAT.. I said yep thats what makes it all worth it, that look right there...

sidesplittinglaughter

girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 12:27 PM on May. 27, 2011

• its so worth it! my dd is my world!!!!! i always new i wanted to b a mom! i love it!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 12:11 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Guys are different then girls. Sometimes they don't decide if they want to have kids when they're in their 20's. Just tell him once you do have kids then you will understand because the love you feel for your child is so indescribable.
    Eisleysmommy27

Answer by Eisleysmommy27 at 12:15 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I've said I don't regret it I just would have waited a til I was older. I had my baby when I was 17
    startingover777

Answer by startingover777 at 12:31 PM on May. 27, 2011

• It's worth it! I didn't want kids when I was in my teens and early 20's. I still don't like other people's kids, but I love mine more than anything in this world. It's worth it!!
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 1:09 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I'd say that it was worth it. I waited until I was 25 and married before I had kids.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 1:15 PM on May. 27, 2011