So many people are against home-schooling because of the whole 'socialization' stereotype. Many say that home-schooled kids become socially awkward adults. So here are a couple questions:
1. How many home-schoolers do you actually, personally know? (Not how many have you seen on t.v., or how many you've heard about.)
2. What traits do they have that make them socially awkward?
3. How do you know that trait is caused by home-schooling, specifically, and not by other factors?
4. What makes you think you can extrapolate and apply those traits to all home-schoolers, everywhere, regardless of how similar or dissimilar they are from those few that you personally know?
5. How many public/private school kids/adults do you know that exhibit those same traits? And why in that case is it never blamed on the school?Answer Question
Answer by letstalk747 at 12:07 PM on May. 27, 2011
The home schooled kids that I know are not socially awkward. I know 4, from 3 different families. I think it depends on the parents that are homeschooling and how social/active the family is.
Answer by ria7 at 12:07 PM on May. 27, 2011
Answer by DusterMommy at 12:10 PM on May. 27, 2011
Answer by But_Mommie at 12:12 PM on May. 27, 2011
Answer by daughteroftruth at 12:16 PM on May. 27, 2011
Answer by daughteroftruth at 12:19 PM on May. 27, 2011
Answer by ria7 at 12:20 PM on May. 27, 2011
Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 12:35 PM on May. 27, 2011
Answer by chaiteamomma at 3:23 PM on May. 27, 2011
Posts with Most Replies