Has anyone tried for a specific gender....

using the theory that y's swim faster but x's live longer? Did it work?

Shanna84

Asked by Shanna84 at 12:05 PM on May. 27, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Yes, I wanted a little girl and I got one. I told my husband about the theory and he thought it was bullshit until we put it to the test.
    Eisleysmommy27

Answer by Eisleysmommy27 at 12:07 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Yup! We wanted a boy and tried several different things to ensure we got one...unfortunatly since we tried so many different things at the same time I'm not sure which thing worked! LOL
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 12:10 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Yes. I have two boys, and wanted a girl! We stopped DTD exactly 3 days before O day, whereas with the boys we DTD right up until the day after O. I dont know if it was a fluke or what, but I am 26 weeks pregnant with our little girl :)
    MommaRoxanne

Answer by MommaRoxanne at 12:41 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Yes, we tried for a boy using the Shettles Method. You just have to be really really sure of when you're ovulating.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:52 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I have never, ever heard of this! We are ttc and we want a boy. How do we do it?! We have a girl now we want a boy! lol
    Navywife2808

Answer by Navywife2808 at 12:52 PM on May. 27, 2011

• navywife: If you want a boy, the theory is that y sperm swim faster but die sooner. So, to conceive a boy, your best chances would be to have sex the exact day you ovulate or even the day after.

For a girl, x sperm are slower moving, but live longer. So you would have sex 2-3 days before you ovulate and then refrain. The theory being that the y sperm would die and the x sperm would still be a live and waiting for the egg.

I'm not an expert by any means, but there is tons of info on the internet. Try babycenter.com.
    Shanna84

Comment by Shanna84 (original poster) at 12:56 PM on May. 27, 2011