Has anyone....

Has anyone slapped there teenager??? Sometimes I want to so bad. Last night I did it for the first time. He had the nerve to call me a bung hole.... Does anyone think I over reacted?? Hope I don't get in trouble for saying this.

startingover777

Asked by startingover777 at 12:17 PM on May. 27, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• Nope i dont think you over reacted he should not speak to you that way

kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 12:18 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I'm sorry but that made me laugh. A bung hole, really? I would have probably done the same thing in your situation. And I'm one who has never spanked my child. Don't feel bad.
    Eisleysmommy27

Answer by Eisleysmommy27 at 12:20 PM on May. 27, 2011

• It is easy for me to say..no its never ok to hit anyone. But I wasn't the one standing there getting disrespected to my face by someone I love most in the world. I am sorry you were so hurt. Sometimes apologizing for our own mistakes is a good lesson too.

ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 12:22 PM on May. 27, 2011

• yah honestly i thought that was kind of funny as well. i mean who comes up with those words lol. but on the other hand i dont have the heart to spank or any of that because the way i was raised and if there needs to be discipline in that area i have my fiance do that.
    amyrobertson

Answer by amyrobertson at 12:22 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I had to slap my older one across the face he was out of control it did hurt but he later said to me he was glad I did not let him get away with it.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:26 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I do spank my kids. I believe in spare the rod spoil the child. I don't beat them though. My son has been asking for it for a while now. Last nigh was just the last straw. He was shocked when I did it. But I believe I got my point across. I did feel bad but I don't think I'll have to do it again for a long while. He even cried, broke my heart n I did apologize after I lectured him. I luv my baby boy. U can see a picture in my photos.
    startingover777

Comment by startingover777 (original poster) at 12:29 PM on May. 27, 2011

• My mom slapped me when I was 16 because she felt like I was talking back (obviously I still don't feel like I was). She would probably still slap me if I talked nasty to her.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 1:07 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Spare the rod spoil the child! My mother straight up punched me in the chest, leaving my literally breathless. Why? Because I didn't clean my room when she wanted me to.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 1:13 PM on May. 27, 2011

• So would my mother lol.
    startingover777

Comment by startingover777 (original poster) at 1:13 PM on May. 27, 2011

• and mine...lol
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 1:23 PM on May. 27, 2011