My mom isnt coming to my wedding because she would rather hang out at the bars and get drunk.....how would you react to this?

amyrobertson

Asked by amyrobertson at 12:20 PM on May. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• I would say "Ok, mom, then you are forevermore exempted from attending any and all birthday parties, births, graduations, anniversaries, holiday get-togethers, and grandchildren's weddings."
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:22 PM on May. 27, 2011

• i go with (jademom07)
    alliep2011

Answer by alliep2011 at 12:24 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Its her loss.Don't expect anything from her and you can't be dissapointed. If one day she wakes up from her drunken stupor and realizes all shes missed out on, she will be sorry and hopefully it wont be too late.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:24 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I would think, I'm so glad I don't care because I'm better than that. And come to think of it, she's never been there for anything important. Thank god I'm marrying someone that loves me!
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 12:26 PM on May. 27, 2011

• thats a good point. ive been really emotional as it is being preggers and all and this is just bugging me more than usual right now. i should expect it at this point from her but i cant believe she would pull this. first my wedding date was set to 9-10-11 and we had to change everything because i got pregnant and now its on june 11th. her first excuse was she couldnt get the date off and now that shes not working anymore the truth comes out.
    amyrobertson

Comment by amyrobertson (original poster) at 12:27 PM on May. 27, 2011

• sometimes becoming adults is very hard because we realize it is truly time to just completely cut all ties to a parent. This would be one reason why I would suggest that.
    2teens2LOs

Answer by 2teens2LOs at 12:28 PM on May. 27, 2011

• she got married for like the 5th time a couple years ago and i was there even though i hate the jerk (and thats saying it nicely) she has an excuse for everything and im getting so tired of it.
    amyrobertson

Comment by amyrobertson (original poster) at 12:29 PM on May. 27, 2011

• How sad,,,but now you know what having a crappy/sick mother feels like, I have a feeling that YOU are going to be a fantastic mother! Have a wonderful time,,hopefully she isn't driving when she is doing this.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:30 PM on May. 27, 2011

• i would bribe her drunk ass with plenty of alcohol
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:30 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Congrats!!!! I'm getting married the same day!
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:31 PM on May. 27, 2011