I NEED RECEIPT HELLLLLLP.....

I am a bad receipt saver, and have lots of things that should have been returned at one time or another, but i cant keeo it together, now im doing a home remodel and i need to keep my receipts, last time i did a remodel i was left with lots of material, not needed because i had no receipt.

ive done the, file, the, scanning, the folder, my purse, my pockets, the drawer. i just need to come in the house and put them somewhere, but then i start putting bubble gum receipts in there and it becomes senceless. HELP.. any IDEAS besides what ive done that does not work?

Thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 PM on May. 27, 2011 in Money & Work

• Have a catch all box then once a week sort them out into a coupon folder labeled. misc, food, home, education... Then every few months when it gets full staple the categories together and put them in a show box with the dates on the side.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:31 PM on May. 27, 2011

• My husband is horrible about losing his receipts, but we need to keep all of them because they are business expenses. I got an expandable file folder that I labeled: Supplies, labor, food, car/gas, tools. I put it right in the entrance when you walk from the garage to the house, and when he comes in each night, he empties his pockets and puts them in the right category. It's worked out well and he's lost very few receipts since we started that.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:32 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Devote one box to just receipts and throw them all in there. Keep them by year. You can always go through that box for tax, remodel receipts purposes. I then keep my remodel receipts in a file marked just for that property,.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 11:53 PM on May. 30, 2011