my 19 month old son has never slept through the night and only stays in his own bed for about 4-6 hours at night and then awakes 2-3 times how do i get him to sleep through the night or atleast longer?

my older son (31 months) sleeps till about 3am then walks into our room and goes right back to sleep on his own where my 19 month old sleeps on average 4 hours in his bed then calls for me where i then bring him to our bed where he wakes atleast 2 if not more times throughout the night. he recently gave up naps, which is fine b/c when he gets a nap he wont go to sleep util 12-1 am so without a nap he goes to bed between 7 and 8pm and gets up about 7 am. how can i get him to sleep longer or even through the night--doesnt matter if in own bed or ours!! that will be addressed at another date!!!lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I wish I had an answer! My son is 18 months old and is up 6 or more times a night. I'd try the CIO ( Cry It Out) method, but we share a room. Like you I'm at my wits end! I'll keep my eyes on this question maybe we can get some good ideas! I just wanted you to know your not alone! Good Luck! <>
    Alwaysacarnie

Answer by Alwaysacarnie at 9:55 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• At that age you need to let him cry it out. Not let him go into hysteria but he's old enough now to be shown he has to go back to sleep. He'll eventuallu learn. Let him wake up once. Tend to and feed him. Second time give him a pacifier. Check him or if he's hungry feed him again then lay him down again. If he cries let him. Show him he's not going to get what he wants.
    Anonymous