Help induce labor ?

Im 37 weeks an 5 days pregnant, My doctor said my baby is ready an if she isnt here by 39 weeks he will induce me. Dilated to 2 an 80% effaced! What can i do to help me go into labor the safe way!! I just really dont want to be induced

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 PM on May. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You don't have to be induced if you don't want to, especially at 39 weeks with no medical reason.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:34 PM on May. 27, 2011

• He wants to induce me because my baby could be too big for a normal delivery an dont wanna do a c section
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:37 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I have nothing against induction and have been induced twice myself, but it's damn near impossible to tell how big a baby is before they are born. They can be off by as much as 2 pounds. I had high risk pregnancies and weekly level 2 ultrasounds, and they were sill off by more than a pound. I had to be induced for medical reasons, but my babies were so much smaller than the ultrasounds estimated. I just wanted to say that it is always always your choice and you should never feel pressured to have an induction if you don't want to. Unfortunately other than sex and walking and all that you probably already know, there's no safe way to put yourself into labor. Good luck with whatever you decide.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:40 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Simply don't induce if you don't want to. There is no (nada, zero, zilch) way to medically determine how big a baby will be before it is born. Also, IF baby doesn't come yet, you don't HAVE to be induced until you've reached 42 weeks. (Not only did I used to work in Labor and Delivery, but my own little one waited until we were 41 weeks before she decided to make her debut.) Not much you can do to naturally start labor...your body knows when the baby is ready. Let your body tell you. If you feel like you "must" do SOMETHING, take a long (slow) walk, bounce slightly on a yoga ball, eat Mexican food, have sex, nipple stimulation, etc. GOOD LUCK!!! Baby will get here when baby is ready. :)
    mrs_bunch

Answer by mrs_bunch at 12:49 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I have heard many things to try to induse labor...best advice i can give you is to walk walk walk...thats what hellped me..good luck girl!
    hamilcha

Answer by hamilcha at 4:59 PM on May. 27, 2011