What do I wear to my step-daughter's high school graduation?

My step-daughter is graduating high school next week, and I have no idea what to wear. I want to wear something classy and chic... but here are my dilemmas:
1) my husband's ex-wife will be there and I MUST look better than her (lol)
2) I am 29 but look 17...I have a baby face and am very petite (I need to look like a STEP-MOM, not a member of the graduating class)
3) I have to be able to move around because my husband and I also have a 1 year old we will be trying to keep busy during the 3-hour graduation ceremony
4) I hate my legs, so skirts are basically out of the picture because I'll never feel sexy or classy with my calves exposed

THANK YOU!!!! :) lol I know this is petty, but I don't know where else to turn...

mrs_bunch

Asked by mrs_bunch at 12:37 PM on May. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• Nice slacks and Blouse. Maybe get your hair and make-up done professionally.
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 12:40 PM on May. 27, 2011

• i always like the classic nice fitting slacks, with an elegant shirt that hangs so that your tiny waist is still noticeable as 'tiny' but also sorta loose around the bottom, not too tight on the top that the breasts are popping out, but not baggy either, that probably doesnt make any sense...
    RobinEsMommy

Answer by RobinEsMommy at 12:46 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Id be glad to help... what size are you (just so I have an idea what Im looking for)
    I have to say my first instinct was a wrap dress... they look good on almost every figure and are classy.
    What exactly do you not like about your legs?
    Anonymous

• btw... if that is you in the profile photo... your legs are lovely.
    Anonymous

• I am generally a size 2 but sometimes a 4. Yes, those are my legs... I have my mother's cankles and my calves skip my ankles and go straight into the floor. Ugh. But thanks. :)
    mrs_bunch

Comment by mrs_bunch (original poster) at 1:00 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I also agree with slacks and a nice blouse.
    ToraMay

Answer by ToraMay at 1:09 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Where to buy the blouse?? I have looked at Lerner, Macy's...
    mrs_bunch

Comment by mrs_bunch (original poster) at 1:10 PM on May. 27, 2011