Omg the pain... adult content

I'm just starting my period, pretty much like normal. Had a few little twinges of pain last night but now I'm having the worst cramps on the left side - almost like ovulation cramps (I get them bad) but I know I O'd this month already, and hello, AF is here. Agh, just in the last 15 minutes is when it's gotten really bad. I'm curled up on the couch cuz it hurts worse if I sit normally. And go figure, my doc is out already for the weekend, I refuse to go to the ER for this, plus it's 20 minutes away, and urgent care is also 20 minutes away and doesn't open til 5 or 6. And I'm home alone with 2 kids, soon to be 4 (oldest 2 just got out of school & are on their way), so I can't take my pain meds :(. Any ideas, help, "I had that, it was ___" stories, sympathy, anything?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 PM on May. 27, 2011 in Health

• I got nothin to offer but sympathy, but you can have all of it you want! That sounds awful! Hope you feel much better very soon!
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 12:43 PM on May. 27, 2011

• oddly enough orgasm. It helps ease the tension and lessen the pain.
    Anonymous

• Could it be Kidney Stones?
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 12:47 PM on May. 27, 2011

• did you try tylenol or motrin?
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 12:43 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Motrin.....
    hotcherry21

Answer by hotcherry21 at 12:44 PM on May. 27, 2011

• That's awful. I had horrible pain before I got my ablation. There was never an obvious cause for it, but since my ablation, my periods and the pain are gone.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:44 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Could a warm bath or shower help a little?
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:45 PM on May. 27, 2011

• motirn and a warm compress... Set the kids up a movie and bribe them with dessert if they behave and take care of the LO and take a warm shower. Use a pad for a while. I don't know why but tampons tend to make my cramps worse!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:46 PM on May. 27, 2011

• OH so sorry...I hope you feel better real soon
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 12:46 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I'm sorry, Momma! I hope you get some relief soon. I used to have really bad cramps, and I'd have to miss work sometimes. Doc said it was just my normal cycle. My friend, though, had REALLY bad cramps, and they diagnosed her with endometriosis. Try to relax, and get the older kids to help you out with the smaller ones for today.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 12:51 PM on May. 27, 2011