Food stamps

We just applied for food stamp since we r now foster parenting 2 of our nieces! so i was working on our budget for next month! our case worker is pushing our app threw fast!
how much do u think a family of 5 would get in food stamps?
im kinda hoping for at least $500 a month!

Caroline2010

Asked by Caroline2010 at 12:45 PM on May. 27, 2011 in Money & Work

• Ohio $617
    Anonymous

• depends on how much you make and how much you pay in rent/mortgage. Most states have a benefits calculator online.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:48 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I get 528 for 3 people...I have very little income though.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 12:48 PM on May. 27, 2011

• it really depends on where you live and your income. i wouldnt be suprised if you get more than that
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 12:50 PM on May. 27, 2011

• http://www.srs.ks.gov/agency/ees/Pages/Food/FoodAssistance.aspx
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 12:51 PM on May. 27, 2011

• it depends on your income and varies state to state...in ohio for 5 I was getting a little over $800 a month with little income here in Fl. i get a little over $668 for the same income and same amount of people.
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 12:51 PM on May. 27, 2011

• yeah my hubby works real estate so we never know when he is getting paid and im a sahm! so very little income but we have a great savings to make up for when he doesnt get pay checks! we live in KS id that helps! im looking for the calculator on line now! thanks ladies!
    Caroline2010

Comment by Caroline2010 (original poster) at 12:52 PM on May. 27, 2011

• we're a family of 5 and we get $382 a month and our only source of income is unemployment at the moment. but we don't have a lot of bills which is what they really look at, your income and your expenses. the monthly allotment we're getting is actually more than enough, i use to only budget $275-$300/month in groceries before we fell on hardtimes and resorted to FS. we live in FL.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:59 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I think it depends on if you are being paid to foster or not,, I dont know why, but I think if you get money for foster care, that is to go for food, if not a family of 5 in KS gets around $600 depending on income,, God Bless you for taking care of your nieces!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:00 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Please tell me you didn't tell them about the savings account! They will count that against you where I live!! I got turned away until it was 'spent'.
    Anonymous