Why would they do this?

OK I get removing restrictions from milk farms but
the rest? That is just common sense.
The rest sounds fishy to me. Not your typical Cass Sunstein (or Obama)move.
What is your take on this move? Political? Maybe but I don't think it will be noticed by most and even if it is most won't understand it.

The White House announced today that 30 U.S. agencies are seeking to repeal or modify regulations in an effort to reduce reporting requirements and save businesses and individuals billions of dollars in compliance costs.

Among the revisions the Obama administration is proposing is elimination of a requirement in some states for vapor recovery systems at gas stations and changes in labeling mandates for hazardous materials, according to a fact sheet prepared by the White House.

Cass Sunstein, director of the White House’s Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, said in an interview that the proposed regulatory changes would have a “big impact” on industries including railroads, airlines, medical device makers and hospitals and doctors.

Already in place as a result of the review is an exemption for the dairy industry from Environmental Protection Agency rules that defined milk as an “oil” and subjected farmers to regulations designed to cover oil spills, Sunstein said, estimating that the change will save the milk and dairy industries $1.4 billion over 10 years in clean-up costs

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 12:48 PM on May. 27, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• They are systematically attempting to regulate the citizenry into complete dependence on the gov't. This is just one more piece of the puzzle.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:06 PM on May. 27, 2011

• WTH?!? milk is oil? Jeez what will they stupidly think of next? Diapers are biohazards and must be removed by an approved waste removal company?
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 1:02 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Follow up article

Link text
    itsmesteph11

Comment by itsmesteph11 (original poster) at 1:04 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I find the idea a good one and one that should have been dealt with years ago but I still don't trust Cass Sunstein
    itsmesteph11

Comment by itsmesteph11 (original poster) at 1:06 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Okay, good idea. We should have had the review board in place years ago but I am glad it's there now.
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 3:24 PM on May. 27, 2011