Easy vacation ideas in east or west coast (US) with 3 YO?

My 3-year-old son and I were originally going to spend a week with my parents in Connecticut this June, but there's a chance that we might have to cut that stay short. Going back home (to Los Angeles) early is kind of out of the question since there will be construction at our house that week. Yeah, we could stay in a hotel, but at that point, why not go somewhere else while we're at it?

So I was wondering if there are any mini vacation destinations that I could take my son to for a week? Either somewhere in the east coast, where we could drive from Connecticut, or on the west coast if we fly back early and just head out instead of going back to the house.

It will just be me and my son, who is a very energetic young boy, so ideally it would be somewhere we there are plenty of opportunities to walk around.

TIA!

phoofy

Asked by phoofy at 12:55 PM on May. 27, 2011 in Travel

• Mystic CT has the aquarium and seaport,Groton Ct has the Navy Museum,RI has a cute a fun zoo,
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 5:36 PM on May. 27, 2011

• There are lots of kid-friendly things to do in Boston. Awesome aquarium, parks, beach, museums, and so on.
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 5:44 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Ever been to Seattle and Victoria, BC?

We love Santa Barbara and the entire central CA coast-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 8:14 PM on May. 27, 2011

• fly home drive up the coast highway plenty of places to get out and run on the beaches and i bet he'd love the redwoods and you'd be close to home if your need for something do to constuction.....
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:58 AM on May. 28, 2011