Ladies, what do you think of this? (involves conversation husband had with female co worker)

So last night, after dinner, my husband was telling me about his day at work. He works in a production setting with men and women. My husband and I are both in our mid twenties. Well, anyway, a lady working next to him, was being very nosy about our relationship. Asking him it I had hobbies, friends, and if I go out. Then proceeds to tell him, oh you two will get bored of each other. Then tells him, her husband drinks too much, and views internet porn. Ummm, get a life. This women is in her 40s. My husband doesn't find this women attractive either. (his words) Now this lady knows we are married, so why would she talk like this to him? Sounds like trying to start trouble to me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:13 PM on May. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• Maybe your hubby should tell her that she should hire a shrink to help her figure out her personal problems.
    PatriciaofMN

Answer by PatriciaofMN at 4:11 PM on May. 27, 2011

• sounds like she is unhappy and wants to see that others are just as unhappy or make them feel that way.

I would have your husband just stay away from her if he can. Leave her to her problems.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:14 PM on May. 27, 2011

• She sounds like she wants someone to comiserate with... she is in a bad place and wants to make everyone else misserable.
    Hubs should politely but sterly tell her that he would prefer NOT to discuss his personal life.
    Hubs should say NOTHING ELSE. She is in a bad place and you do NOT want to ruffle feathers at work.
    IF it continues I would have him go to HR and talk to them.
    EVERYthing by the book at work, NO snide remarks... then that puts the ball in her court to complain.
    Anonymous

• You husband told you all about it, right? I wouldn't worry about it. The only way she can cause trouble is if your husband lets her and it doesn't sound like he's going to.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 1:28 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Sounds like she's never had a close relationship with a guy that she shared everything with. She probably had to have her own hobbies, things to do etc. She's jealous most likely.
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 1:15 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Wow, it is one thing for co-workers to talk, but another for them to ask personal questions and divulge such personal information (especially if they are not good friends outside of work).. I don't know if she is lonely and trying to be friends, or if she is trying to cause trouble... but I do think next time she does this your husband speak up and tell her that he values his privacy and does not want to talk about such personal topics. Or he could mention that personal talk is not appropriate at work. If she keeps it up he could go to HR and tell them she is talking about inappropriate things and it bothers him.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:18 PM on May. 27, 2011

• She was probably talking about the wa her own relationship evolved and trying to project it on yours. I wouldn't give it another thought.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 1:20 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Be leary of those kinds of women. They get all your personal info then try and steal your men. I would just have hubby tell her politely that it is none of her business. She sounds like she's looking for someone to hang with to make her happy.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 1:29 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I think she just sounds weird!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:41 PM on May. 27, 2011