What do you moms think about girl acting like adults or sl*ts

Cherish050307

Asked by Cherish050307 at 9:56 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in General Parenting

• I don't understand. Can you repeat that?
    Anonymous

• that they don't have a good father figure intheir life
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:07 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• That neither of their parents are "parenting". Girls should not be acting or looking like the majority do today.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:14 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• that their parents dont care enough about them to teach them to respect themselves. or they have bad examples all around them that make them think it is normal. or their parents are overly protective & its their way of breaking free/rebeling. i dont think its all one thing tho
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:15 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Father figure? Bah! My sister was a sl*t and we had a good father figure...However it was her way of dealing with low self esteem. She felt good knowing that men wanted her. She just didn't figure out they only wanted her for.......the obvious!
    Anonymous

• And none of these applied to my sister...It was simply her issue with herself. Everyone is different though and yes mom and dad tried everything imaginable. She eventually grew up and seen it for what it was but it was NOT because of my parents just to clear that up.
    Anonymous

• Why was she insecure then?> Not to be rude at all!!
    Cherish050307

Answer by Cherish050307 at 10:35 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I think I'm glad I have boys. I would die an early death worrying about girls. I really hate seeing girls as young as 9 or 10 wearing slutty clothes and having sex. I'm sure we all do.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 10:35 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I don't believe in calling women or teenage girls sluts or whores. It not only damages them but is also degrading to myself. I believe the best thing I can do is be an example and role model. Dressing or acting like a "slut", IMO, is a confusion on what SEXY is. Sexy is about so much more than skin or looking and behaving in a sexual manner. Unfortunately no one teaches "sexy" in schools or at home. Hopefully as we become grown adults we learn true sex appeal has to do with intelligence, humor, kindness, is based on compatability and shared joys. Not what type of thong one wears or how much thigh is showing. But we never say these things or teach them. Media sends the message girls and women are objects, so why be surprised when our girls act like something to be objectified? Want change? Then be a role model.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 10:38 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• You are sooo right
    Cherish050307

Answer by Cherish050307 at 10:43 PM on Dec. 8, 2008