Is this normal behavior or extreme?

how do i know if this is normal behavior or extreme? DD is very up and down with her moods and emotions today and most days actually. i have looked into sensory disorder and stuff but i just dont know. acts completly differant than my older DD. she also just wants to lay around all day. again this is most days, some are better than others but im not sure. i just need advice. i dont want to just assume its normal and find out later it is more. i dont want to think its more when it may not be. confused and reserching maany things. thanks

VDietrich

Asked by VDietrich at 1:23 PM on May. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• Without knowing more detail, it could just be normal for her.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:24 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I would look into bi polar disorder. How old is she?
    Anonymous

• How old is she?
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:31 PM on May. 27, 2011

• ok here is more info. she is 3 and 1/2 she will cry in her sleep, for about a yr and a half she would cry from time she got up til the time she went to bed. she is very smart. she willl cover her ears when she is near the train or other load noses. she gets mad really easily and yells at brother and sister or whines. she likes to sit up late and sleep in (thats normal i think..lol) as long as she is laying around watching tv she is fine, she protest easily to change. she will argue a fact. she gets irate when someone calls her a baby because she feels she is as big as older sister.
    want more just ask.
    VDietrich

Comment by VDietrich (original poster) at 1:32 PM on May. 27, 2011

• i have looked into sensory processing disorder and she has alot of symptoms
    VDietrich

Comment by VDietrich (original poster) at 1:33 PM on May. 27, 2011

• It all sounds normal to me, except for the crying ALL day long. If my child did that for 1.5 years, we definitely would have been at the doctors, if not for her, for me!

Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 1:39 PM on May. 27, 2011

• My son was an all day crier form birth to 2 and not easy from 2 to 3. He's 3-1/2 and already been diagnosed with anxiety, which is genetic on both sides. He has some similar traits as aspergers with the lack of transitioning. Warnings help a TON in that area. he is also very food/mood affected. He can't have High fructose corn syrup or anything with Dyes in it..we are just starting this process but its already a noticeable change in short time !! i would not be surprised if adhd will be on the next list.. he has a hard time shutting down at night ( as do my Dh and I since we both have it ) lacks concentration even for a 3-1/2 year old.. Craves routine and we talk the night before about what will happen the next day, we talk in the morning what we'll be doing for the day - him knowing has always been huge for him !!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:53 PM on May. 27, 2011

• thank you maxsmom11807
    VDietrich

Comment by VDietrich (original poster) at 2:11 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I would see a DOCTOR about her behavior. It is good that you are reading and doing research but it is best to ask a Professional.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 2:15 PM on May. 27, 2011

• i would talk to a doctor. look into autism or aspergers. my SS does not like loud noises and cannot stand change either. he is very specific and thrives on a routine. we try to break him away from that thinking...'cause the world is never the same and people always change etc.

good luck, mama. keep track of a journal and your daughter's behaviors so you can provide a doctor with specific situations and things like that.
    SarahM.1983

Answer by SarahM.1983 at 3:18 PM on May. 27, 2011