Suggestions on what to really pack for the hospital...

everyone says something different,
what were some of the things that helped comfort you before and after delivery? what really came in handy?

pipsqueak01

Asked by pipsqueak01 at 1:25 PM on May. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• They give you most everything you need.
    I would pack a cute pair of jammies that you can nurse in .... IF you plan on having people visit you in the hospital.
    A nice pair of socks with rubber tread, chapstick, and a cute outfit for the baby to come home in.

As I remember (10 yrs ago) the hospital had everything else I needed.
    Anonymous

• tooth brush, hair brush,make up, mostly personal items like that. outfit for u and baby.
    NicMorgan

Answer by NicMorgan at 1:34 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Aside from the obvious toothbrush and stuff, chapstick and gum are two things I was glad I had.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:44 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Oh and phone chargers.
    JulieJacobKyle

• For my first, I packed everything. For my second just clothes for me and my son. After I had them I just wanted to sleep as much as I could. They had all the toiletries I needed with the exception for a brush/comb and make-up. :)
    Mamabear-Shell

Answer by Mamabear-Shell at 1:44 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Comfort wise I would bring your own pillow and blanket also
    HollySebeck

Answer by HollySebeck at 2:02 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Something I did was to bring address book and announcements with then I had them done before I got home with the baby. I craved sweets and gum. I would bring magazines you like or a book, camera and charger, an I-Pod, nail polish and tweezer. It will go fast. You phone wil be ringing and people will be stopping. Get rest and take advantage of the help you will have when you are there. Good Luck... :-)
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 2:06 PM on May. 27, 2011

• gum or mints to help u feel refreshed..and cell phone charger and wash cloth to keep you cool durling labor and your own towel..hospital towels suck
    hamilcha

Answer by hamilcha at 4:52 PM on May. 27, 2011