Taking a 6 week old to the movies?

My 2 1/2 year old son LOVES the movie Cars (what boy his age doesn't?). Well the second one comes out June 24th and I wanted to take him to see it with my husband and parents. Technically I don't have to go since he could just go with them, but I want to go. I'm trying my hardest to make him feel like I'm still as much his mommy as before his sister was born. She'll be 6 weeks old by then and I could easily nurse her inside the theater with the cover I have. Plus she's pretty easy to entertain and a happy baby (well she is now at least). I'm just worried about the noise level scaring her. Anyone else take a baby that young to the movies? We took my son to his first movie when he was probably 4-5 months old and he slept through it to be honest haha.

ours

Asked by ours at 1:28 PM on May. 27, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm ready for the downvotes, but I think it's rude to take a tiny baby to the movies, even it if is a kiddie show.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 1:31 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Plenty of babies that young do just fine in the theater. You can always gauge how she'll do by then. Most babies just sleep through it at that age.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:31 PM on May. 27, 2011

• no ur just going to piss other people off if she starts to cry. Just bc ur son slept through it doesnt mean she will. if u want to show him your still his mommy too then u should find a babysitter and go with him
    Anonymous

• Age-wise I would, but because of the noise I wouldn't. It's way too loud for my own ears sometimes, let alone those of a newborn.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:31 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Also, see if your theater has a crybaby room. They're soundproof rooms where you and your toddler (and infant) can go watch the movie, adjust the volume to your liking, and have some light. This way, if your infant DOES start crying, no one can hear it.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:32 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I agree with Spriti, but I think it is too loud! I would pump and have dear hubbs stay home and take your boy for a mommy and me date!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:33 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I wouldnt. I get pissed when people bring in a baby and it starts crying. Ive complained to managers about it before because I didnt pay $10 a ticket to listen to a baby fuss even for a second.
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 1:36 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Awe I wouldn't want to make my hubby stay home! I'm not worried about her crying, but if she did, I'd most definitely leave. I'm just worried about the noise level for a baby her age. Hell, my son's nosier than she is! All you'd hear the whole movie was, "LOOK! MATER! OHHH CARS! DOC, MOMMY, DOC!" Haha.
    ours

Comment by ours (original poster) at 1:37 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Its your son and your baby. Make the decision that's best for your famly. Everyone is different. Be prepared if the baby cries, you might have to leave. I would never look to others for validation.
    Good Luck and enjoy your family. Life is too short! I'm looking forward to seeing the movie myself! :-)
    Rnurse

Answer by Rnurse at 1:40 PM on May. 27, 2011

• BTW, tiny babies are sometimes better in the movies than some rude adults!
    Rnurse

Answer by Rnurse at 1:41 PM on May. 27, 2011