Which is better...having natrul birth or useing the drugs?

Sami996

Asked by Sami996 at 1:45 PM on May. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I went all natural, except with my last because she was an emergency C-section. Before making your decision, please research the epidural, you would be surprised at how unsafe it really is. After you gain the information, then you can make an informed decision.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 2:44 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I was all for natural..until I went into labor and I had back labor it was horrible so i got the inter-venous first but that just mad em want to sleep and did nothing for the pain so I got the epi...I think which is better is having an open mind and not feeling like a failure because you can't do it natural...either way your having the baby.

happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 1:49 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I've had one of each and prefer au natural hands down. Much faster delivery and easier healing.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 1:49 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I would have loved to have a natural births .. i had no choice but to use drugs bc i had 2 c sections... i don't agreewith epidurals. if i have another baby and i dont have a c section i will definitely have a natural

chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 1:47 PM on May. 27, 2011

• To me every women is different and it is up to you and the pain level you can handle. I think both pregnancies I tried my hardest to do it natural but in the end the pain was too much and I got the epidural.

momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 1:48 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I used drugs the first 2 babys my third was all natural and it hurted but it was a great experiance and with the one Im xpecting I wanna go all natural
    again
    vania_jmz

Answer by vania_jmz at 1:48 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I don't know. I had my only child without any pain meds and wouldn't have had it any other way. We're all different though, what works for one woman may not work for the next one.
    Raccoon

Answer by Raccoon at 1:51 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I REALLY wanted a natural birth with both our kids but the pain go too much for me (yeh I know, a total wuss compared to some Moms) so I had an epidural & was able to push super fast & only had to push for 45mins with my first child & 2 mins with my second which was less stress on them as babies. So it really depends on what you can handle & it's GREAT to have the best intentions for a natural birth but I think it's even better if you can go through with it, on the other hand it's good to get the baby out with minimal stress. I must admit though, I would have liked to have natural birth's with both our children:)
    Ellie15

Answer by Ellie15 at 1:53 PM on May. 27, 2011

• There isn't a "better" way - it's totally a personal thing. The important part is having the baby, so however you want to do that is fine. And each birth (even for the same woman) is different.

I had an epidural. It was the plan all along. I never wanted a natural birth.. don't handle pain well. And everything went so smoothly! The whole thing from water-break to baby's here took less than 7 hours, and there was even a few hours in the middle when I felt great (calm, no pain, just chilling at the hospital... :) Next time, I'm definitely getting drugs!
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 1:58 PM on May. 27, 2011

• i chose to have no drugs at all -all natural! i dont know if anyone knows for sure if the pain drugs harm the baby but i wouldnt want to take the chance, and i figured if my baby was going to be squeezed through there- possibly in pain, i would go through the natural pain too, we woman have done it for a loooong time and im glad i was one of them.... it didnt really hurt as bad as i thought it would, but everyone is different with pain, im glad i could feel everything and know what all was going on and feeling in control i would do it again and again and again ...oh they gave me petocin to speed up contractions which supposedly makes pain worse but i dont know if it did it just pissed me off that they did it when i didnt need it they were just in a hurry to get on to their next patient.
    RobinEsMommy

Answer by RobinEsMommy at 2:09 PM on May. 27, 2011