Can she really do this? legal question

Ok I was seperated for awhile, during that time an old ex finace contacted me, he lives in a totally different time zone than I do, He told me he was getting divorced and i had no reason not to believe him, so we talked alot over email, one thing led to another we talked about possibly getting back together some of the emails were on a very personal side again we at point were engaged, there was never ever any phsycal contact, well heapperantly was lying to me because I just got a very nasty email from his wife demanding i send her some of his and I's conversations via email or else her attorney would subponea people and possesions (exactly how she termed it) can she even o that? I dont live anywhere near them, nothing physcal ever took place, the emails really mainly were just talking abput our paast and maybe starting a new realtionship, a few were a little overly flirty. again i was seperated at that time, now my husband and i have worked it out and i just want to know can she even do this and do i delte that email account? do i send her what little i have in my sent file? this was from over like a year and a half ago

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:51 PM on May. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• Tell her go ahead....I'm pretty sure she can't do that...there is no legal reason to do so
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 1:54 PM on May. 27, 2011

• don't do it, and delete them, that way you can honestly say you don't have them anymore, I would apologize to her though, I know you ddint' know he was not getting divorced but you should tell her your sorry and you don't have the emails/.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:55 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I would wait until she gets the subponea. I highly doubt any judge will sign it anyway.
    They have more important things to worry about.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:07 PM on May. 27, 2011

• No she can't do that.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:13 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I would not send her nothing, if she wants emails, she needs to get them from her husband and he probably deleted them already
    ttk2

Answer by ttk2 at 2:14 PM on May. 27, 2011

• just delete your account, then she can't do a damn thing!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 2:16 PM on May. 27, 2011

• thanx girls.i am gonna delete that account and i did appologize to her and told her I didnt know, i knew they werent divorced but he led me to believe they were also seperated and divorcing otherwise i never would bother with him. i just dont need this now im dealing with enough of my own crap and he seems to have dropped off the earth i do have his work email but cant bring myself to mail him about it.. and gain im nowhere near them different time zones and everything and her state us no fault anyway i think she wants them to prove infedility to get alimony and the house they just built, they have no kids
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:29 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Yeah, I would delete the account and say "sorry, if you want them you know how to get them" pls don't contact me anymore unless its by your atty or your atty can talk to mine.
    PatriciaofMN

Answer by PatriciaofMN at 4:08 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Don't send her anything (you don't legally have to anyway). I think she has trust issues and wants to see your conversations.
    OctMommyof3

Answer by OctMommyof3 at 12:49 AM on May. 30, 2011