Do you actually eat according to the food pyramid ?

letstalk747

Asked by letstalk747 at 1:51 PM on May. 27, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I don't do it intentionally, but I'm not too far off on most days. I have no problems getting in the dietary the pyramid requires.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:52 PM on May. 27, 2011

• sidesplittinglaughter

Sorry ... but I just couldn't help it. 

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 1:55 PM on May. 27, 2011

• No.......lolicecream

hotcherry21

Answer by hotcherry21 at 1:56 PM on May. 27, 2011

• bakingbarbecuingme either

letstalk747

Comment by letstalk747 (original poster) at 2:00 PM on May. 27, 2011

• No. And nutrition experts say it is not even a good thing. It was created by some dudes a long time ago who know nothing about health and nutrition.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 2:17 PM on May. 27, 2011

• http://www.webmd.com/diet/news/20110526/food-pyramid-replacement-coming-june-2

See----they devised a NEW one. WHo do we believe? ANyway, there are a few hints in the article that are good. SMALLER portions. That is obvious. In the last 30-40 years people have started eating bigger and bigger portions and restaurants encourage it,don't they? Anyway---there is the LINK.

minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 2:21 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Hell no ... it is known fact that the food pyramid was designed to aid farmers and the agricultural industry, not to improve the health and eating habits of the American people. Sure, it's been revised a few times since it's original publication but it is still not healthy for the majority of Americans. I followed the food pyramid years ago while under the care of my doctor in an effort to lose weight and I GAINED 25 pounds; have since learned that I am a "protein-type" and that carbs make me gain weight. I studied up and did lo-carb after learning this and I then lost 75 pounds without trying (that was 12 years ago and I haven't gained any back, even after 2 pregnancies), and have been the healthiest I've ever been (confirmed by lab work and such).
    Anonymous

• no I eat according to what my body needs.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:00 PM on May. 27, 2011