What are all the reasons that could possibly halt TTC?

i know some woman try for years and then find out that there was something wrong that is easily fixed or sometimes not, but they didnt know it at all....i hear having some TTC have problems with the thyroid levels or something, progesterone levels idk... what are all the issues you or someone you know had that halted getting pregnant.

RobinEsMommy

Asked by RobinEsMommy at 1:56 PM on May. 27, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Irregular ovulation, not producing enough fertile mucous, male not producing enough sperm or motile sperm, male not producing enough fluid to aid sperm...
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:02 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I found out 3 years in to trying that I had endometreosis- that was preventing me. Once burned off, I was pregnant in 2 months. I never had to explosive periods or pain which is usually a symptom either
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:07 PM on May. 27, 2011

• i know its not hubby i was on depo for 5 years so its probably all cuz of that, they already checked my thyroid and thyroid levels cuz they found a small cyst on my thyroid but everthing was good so its not that....
    RobinEsMommy

Comment by RobinEsMommy (original poster) at 2:13 PM on May. 27, 2011

• is their a way for the doctor to check if you're ovulating at all?
    RobinEsMommy

Comment by RobinEsMommy (original poster) at 2:15 PM on May. 27, 2011

• RobinE's, yes, there is. You can also check at home. Ovulation Predictors (OPK's) are available in the same aisle as HPTs. Read the directions carefully, you don't want to test first thing in the morning. You DO want to test the same time every day. In this case, a line ISN'T a line, like with HPTs. With OPKs the test line needs to be as dark as or darker than the control line.
    MedicMommy

Answer by MedicMommy at 7:03 PM on May. 27, 2011

• really i wonder if itd be cheaper and easier for me to do it myself i can imagine the doc bill to test, can i use the store bought ov tests even though my cycles are irregular ranging from 38-49 day cycles?
    RobinEsMommy

Comment by RobinEsMommy (original poster) at 9:45 PM on May. 27, 2011