What would you choose?

So, I am starting new in my life. I am moving with my kids to live closer to my mom and sister in another State. I am going to get my career back on track and work on bettering myself.

Then, there is my true love. We dated many years ago and were separated not by breakup, but by circumstance. We each got married, each got divorced and are both single and just starting to talk again. He is truly my soul mate, I just know he is. We were meant to be together. I admit that I would give it all up if I knew he wanted to be with me permanently. He lives in a remote town and there would be no chance of getting my career back on track. But, he is an attorney and has a good job/ career himself. We aren't at the "relationship" stage yet. We are still at the "friendship" stage right now.

So, career or a chance at true love?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 PM on May. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• I would work on getting your life back together...even if that means going for your career.

Get YOU back together before you worry about a romantic relationship.

Be friends first...strengthen that bond, if not for you then for your kids. They need stability and moving right on with another man may not be the best option for them.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:13 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I chose true love, and I haven't looked back.

How is it not possible to start your career with him?
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 2:14 PM on May. 27, 2011

• start with your career first you need that for te kiddos

kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 2:15 PM on May. 27, 2011

• BTW, my choice doesn't mean it should be your choice. I like what Jademom said (she's got some great advice today).
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 2:16 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Career first ... if I had just come out of a relationship, I would not want to be diving back into one.

IF he is your "soul mate" then he will understand that you need to work on you and getting back on your feet FIRST before jumping into another relationship.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 2:16 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Career. If it's true love it will stand the test of time - the time it takes to get your life on track.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:16 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Me personally....... I can and only will speak for myself.

New career, new life for me and my kids and the chance to make a good/better life for us. That would far outweigh chasing after something that "could" be.

However, to be fair. I am not a person that can carry a torch for someone for years. Nor am I someone that could just decide to get back together with someone that I have not seen or spoken to in years and just started speaking to again. My memories and talk would not be enough for me to give it all up, because in essence that is what it would be to me. Chasing a memory wanting to relieve the feelings/times we had years ago. That's not really possible for me, I would be a different person now, he would be a different person now, what we were would be just that what we "were". He may remain a friend I communicate with however not someone I would "give it all up" for.

All the best in whatever you choose :-)
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:18 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Carrer, You might not ever get with him.

Answer by louise2 at 2:18 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Yea- my Mom and sister live on the West Coast. He lives in the middle of nowhere Idaho. There are literally NO jobs for me in my career path where he lives. He has to stay where he is because of his custody agreement with his ex, unfortunately.

Yea...I am coming to the realization that gettin ME back together first is going to be what is best for my kiddos. Unfortunately, that means I have to give up the idea of being with him.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:19 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I'd take both. Get your career back on track and work on the relationship. That will take time. By then you never know what life might bring. He might move to where you are

Answer by admckenzie at 2:20 PM on May. 27, 2011