E.L.F cosmetics?

Has anyone ever tried Elf cosmetics? Do you like it? I've heard a lot of good things and a lot of bad things. Everything seems really inexpensive and it would be great to get some insight from people who have used it. It would definitely save me money on makeup considering I use Estee Lauder, Mac, Urban Decay, Bobbi Brown ect. If you have used this brand what are some of your favorite products from them?

onemellowmom

Asked by onemellowmom at 2:12 PM on May. 27, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I DID like E.L.F. a little until I discovered Urban Decay, Sephora, etc., and now I only buy something if I think I can use it to experiment with before shelling out the money for better stuff. Personally, I think the pigmentation is total crap, the amount of time it lasts is crap, etc. You get what you pay for, I guess. I do sort of like the eye primer, but considering I've only used UD's and E.L.F., I'm not really an expert on those. But, UD is MUCH better in every respect, IMO. Sometimes, if I can't afford better brushes I get E.L.F., but even those newish bamboo ones from Walmart or Target (Eco something) are better than E.L.F.s now. They used to make good brushes, but now it's 50/50 whether you'll get a good one, or a crappy one.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:47 PM on May. 30, 2011

• E.L.F has some pretty good makeup, some of it isn't that great, but as cheap as it is, it's not like it was a big waste if you don't like it.
    Keva1990

Answer by Keva1990 at 2:20 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I use some of they're eye shadows that are in the black cases, some brushes, and eyelid primer.  Everything else I buy Bare minerals like foundation.

momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 2:20 PM on May. 27, 2011

• i like the eye shadows. be careful, though. they're a little too powdered and some of the eye shadow will end up under your eye.
    SarahM.1983

Answer by SarahM.1983 at 2:56 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I like their eyeshadows and love the Gel liners. Their brushes are ok. But it's very cheap, definitely worth trying. Some of their products can be found in some kmarts, target, dollar general, etc...
    BrandyBaby22

Answer by BrandyBaby22 at 3:51 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I got some of their makeup brushes for my DD. She liked them.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 3:58 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Use them all the time for eyeliner and translucent powder. Pretty good stuff with an awesome value!
    Liveyourlifeval

Answer by Liveyourlifeval at 7:26 PM on May. 27, 2011

• have not heard of it. have you tried mary kay make-up? we are more than 1/2 the price of those brands you mentioned. check out marykay.com to find a consultant in your area. plus you can try before you buy and it is 100% guarunteed!!! If you don't like something, you can exchange or get all money back. Just a suggestion!!! You can message me if you can't find someone in your area.
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 2:37 PM on May. 27, 2011